cmb outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dion26

hey all i have a wof 30 with a cmb ls on it went down after work and had a lot of troulble starting it when it did start it was a bit rich so i came in lened it off about 1/4 of a turn and it took of when i got it started put her in went 100% better then the pipe blow off and i then started it and as soon as i put it in it stuled this happened abut 5 or 6 time then i gave up and came went home.

my ? is how many turns should the carby be open ?????????????????

laters dion

dion26 said:
hey all i have a wof 30 with a cmb ls on it went down after work and had a lot of troulble starting it when it did start it was a bit rich so i came in lened it off about 1/4 of a turn and it took of when i got it started put her in went 100% better then the pipe blow off and i then started it and as soon as i put it in it stuled this happened abut 5 or 6 time then i gave up and came went home.

my ? is how many turns should the carby be open ?????????????????

laters dion

111629[/snapback]

Dion

all my cmb 21 engines when i used the stock needle had this problem. It waqs always some rubbish in the needle that was causing it. Pull it apart and try again

Dave

Dion,

You better richen up the mixture more,if you launch it and it dies you are

still too lean. I would guess the carb should open aprox.3 turns out to start.

If you still have trouble, get a good after-market carb like a Geraghty .290".

This will make that CMB LS-21 sing. :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
Dion,
You better richen up the mixture more,if you launch it and it dies you are

still too lean. I would guess the carb should open aprox.3 turns out to start.

If you still have trouble, get a good after-market carb like a Geraghty .290".

This will make that CMB LS-21 sing. :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

111632[/snapback]

Sent you a PM Dion. I remember this same problem happening after I flipped the tunny. ended up being a split fuel pressure line. I still make the same mistake today of not checking them when i have a problem and its always too late when I do find it.

dave

Dion,

If you have the stock carb on it, block off the needle end and go to a remote needle. It'll save you long days of headaches!

Back