CMB gold head .45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big roy

Hey guys can anyone tell me anything about the CMB gold head .45 motors? I have one for my 40 hydro and just like to know more about them.

Roy

great little motor, they need work, but Steve Wood has the right profile for it.

great little motor, they need work, but Steve Wood has the right profile for it.
Diddo. I ran the CAM Goldhead in my roadrunner for 5 years without a hitch. My father is running the same engine currently in his Viper Mono. So over 8 years of hard running. A very reliable engine with gobs of torque. Put the mac carb on mine. I never did any extensive mods to mine, Im sure there is more power to be tapped with some work.......

Larry Gempp Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is the motor i got from sandy at tidewater for 175$. i raised the liner&did all the timing #s and it runs 62mph in a 36"sprint cat. i must have 5 gallons of 50% through it and still runs great

this is the motor i got from sandy at tidewater for 175$. i raised the liner&did all the timing #s and it runs 62mph in a 36"sprint cat. i must have 5 gallons of 50% through it and still runs great
my fav 45!!!! put os 9b carb on it,65% nitro 12% oil,big azz prop and haul azz

steve

What timing numbers are you using and how much did you shim the liner?

Back