CMB .91 SR evo. Flow

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbhawker

What is a good starting point on the Boris flow meter? Just looking for a basic starting number.

Thanks

Brad

I found this picture on IW a while back with ranges for different enginesIMG_5203.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this picture on IW a while back with ranges for different engines
attachicon.gif
IMG_5203.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude that’s Allen’s numbers from Canada that’s not a back line and what works up here is lean as **** Down there 38 to 45 should be where he ends up .

Again thanks for the info. When I get a good number Ill report back. Brad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flow number greatly depend on Fuel viscosity. NO such thing as a good flow number with all the different fuel viscosities.

I tested 4 brand new, current generation Boris flow meters a few years ago side by side with the same needle and everyone of them read differently. Any flow numbers posted are for a specific meter and are not going to be the same for your meter. You will have to get the motors tuned to your liking by ear and performance then flow them to get the correct reading you will use.

Things like stinger size. Carb bore. Spray bar size. Fuel line size. Fuel tank flow. Oils and or nitro content And engine mods all effect flow readings. And I dont doubt at all different flow meters made at the same time having different readings. Also. The length of line between the meter and boat will effect it. The length of line should always be kept the same.

As stated there is no magic number for any set up. Just start the motor and make it rich enough to barely clear out and work from there.

On Don Ferrette Twin will flow at 34-35 on a Boris meter and the same on the new K/D innovation digital flow meter.

Dave

As someone who's never used a flow meter, if the readings are all over the place and you're tuning with a 3rd channel needle, what's the advantage of the flow meter? I can see if running a twin it would be an advantage to set the flow the same on both engines, but I'm curious where the advantage lies for singles.

The advantage is in collecting your own numbers. And being able to get real close each time. But you have to use your meter and your same method.

It is just a reference to start with. NO MORE NO LESS........................................

I used it to see how my modifications would effect how much fuel I could burn.

When testing head button design it was help full.

When every thing was the same and I just did head changes it would tell me a lot.

When you can flow 28 at sea level with 60% and it is burning the fuel reving not blubbering and come back with a good plug color you know you hit the mark............
default_wink.png

It is just a reference to start with. NO MORE NO LESS........................................

I used it to see how my modifications would effect how much fuel I could burn.

When testing head button design it was help full.

When every thing was the same and I just did head changes it would tell me a lot.

When you can flow 28 at sea level with 60% and it is burning the fuel reving not blubbering and come back with a good plug color you know you hit the mark............
default_wink.png
Hey thats my number LOL

I tested 4 brand new, current generation Boris flow meters a few years ago side by side with the same needle and everyone of them read differently. Any flow numbers posted are for a specific meter and are not going to be the same for your meter. You will have to get the motors tuned to your liking by ear and performance then flow them to get the correct reading you will use.
Buckshot, you are spot on with your post. Use the numbers you develop for your own meter and engines as there are sooo many variables to count, such as fuel viscosity mentioned by Joe, as well as the other variables mentioned by Danny earlier. Dont try to use someone elses numbers at a race on your unit. Chances are, you will get burned.

Latest posts

Back