CMB 67 HR Headspace

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told by several experienced racers that it should be at .016. That said, it could be the 50% nitro fuel I run that requires that setting

There you have it Norm many answers. My first question to you is What kind of boat? Hydros need less squish. A mono or scale boat more to pull that heavy boat off the corner. So id say Rigger .011 all the way to scale .016

Thanks Mike. I had forgotten about the hull type and weight. When I was told .016, that's in a 14lb scale hydroplane so it would make sense that a 67 rigger could use a tighter squish without detonating, something that my engine did when I didn't add any shims to the button

I wonder why they come with so much headspace. I have purchased three in the last year and they were all .020. Perhaps they are set up for the European market who use different nitro percentages than commonly used here?

For 1/8th scale I always seem to end up at .015 but on a hot day with some altitude I may add to the clearance by a thousandth at a time if the acceleration or grunt out of the hole seems really sluggish.

Last edited:
Back