CMB .21 Rod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Rapedius

Randy Rap Titanium Turn Fins
Supporting Member
Vendor
A friend of mine has a CMB .21 Outboard. Someone told him that the top of the connecting rod is not bushed and it should be. Is this true?

Thanks in advance ...................... Randy

hey randy

don't hold me to this, but when andy brown made the mac 21 i know the top of the rods, wasn't bushed.. and since they are made at the cmb factory when cmb made the 21 motor they did the same thing..

i know since that the mac now comes bushed so i would assume that the cmb does as well.. i have a buddy in the club that the mac rod is only bushed on the bottom..

needless to say he hasn't had any probloms yet?? but i think i would get a new rod.. aluminum and steel don't work well together...

hope i helped??

chris

Hi Randy,

Yes, you are correct in that the upper is not bushed on the green head Outboard powerhead. Early MAC 21's were the same as Chris said. I think Tim at Precision boats can fix them?

Hey Guys,

Yes you are right no bush. on the rod at the top. I have fixed about 40 of these motors have seen up to .014 slop in the hole. Most have about .004-.007 when I get them. If not fixed the piston will hit the pto or button an cause big problems. I have also seen that, new sleeve,new rod,newpiston etc. $150.00 later your back up. :eek: Get them fixed thens it's a good motor.

Tim

PB Racing ;D

Back