Clutch for K&B 3.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that just a clutch or does it have a gear reduction as well? I could see it being of help to someone who just runs a stock mootor and doesnt race. ANY gears or driveline reduction cause drag, heat, less power. But you could run a high rpm motor, reduce the drive rpm's and run a large prop. Easier to launch, but a lawless lower required!

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon Its a great Idea. You could lighten your flywheel to compensate for the added weight of the clutch parts, and I cant imagine it having any effect on performance. The only downside I guess would be the higher centre of gravity of the powerhead, and because it raises the carb higher. Could spell fuel delivery probs?

Also, theres no gear reduction. Check out the close up pics.

Lower your on-the-water anxiety with the ability to glide into neutral to regain your thoughts.
Going through the left turn and someone dives under me and I get pushed out. Oh what to do. The anxiety is killing me. I should shift to neutral and and collect my thoughts. CD calls out, anxiety stricken boat left turn.

I don't know about you but I can't stop laughing. :D :lol: :D :lol:

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be handy (particularly in a piped application) if the clutch shoes can be set to engage reliably at higher rpms than normal r/c car clutches. Those props that are marginal to launch might become more user friendly....

Another big downside - add's another point of failure into the equasion.

It could be handy (particularly in a piped application) if the clutch shoes can be set to engage reliably at higher rpms than normal r/c car clutches.

The shoes are held retracted by a spring until centrifugal force overcomes it right? Use a stiffer spring.

Or alternatively trim the shoes so that they have to travel further to contact the bell.......I would want it to engage at reasonable rpm for it to work with the pipe ;)

I Think of it like a drag car engine with a wild cam and an auto Trans - you fit a high rpm stall converter to suit the torque of the engine. Piped 2 strokes make the least torque off pipe, right? :)

Next problem - you have a higher likelyhood of initial slip to factor in when it engages at higher rpm, and the exagerated heat and wear on the shoes.

just something else to cause problems. if the great jim irwin had built it ,it might be worth looking into! but no go. just my 2 cents

allen

just something else to cause problems. if the great jim irwin had built it ,it might be worth looking into! but no go. just my 2 cents

allen

DUHHHHH ;;' THE GREAT WHAT ????????????

MAN YOU MUST HAVE EATIN SOMTHING THAT GAVE YOU AN UPSET STOMACH . YOU MUST GET AHOLD OF SAM STORY . THERE IN LEX . I AM TO BUILD HIM A BOAT AND THEN HE WILL NEED TO COME AFTERIT ONE REAL NICE GUY , TAKE HIM OVER TO NEALS THE NEXT GETGETHER YOU GUYA HAVE , PUT A RADIO IN HIS HAND AND GET HIM INDOCTRANATED, O YA ? HIS WIFE SANDY SAID IF DOES THIS , THEN WE WILLNEED TO GET HER ONE ALSO / ABSOLULY GREAT PEOPLE

Back