Circus circus 1/8 scale Canard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradley Maglinger

Built in 1980, Bruce Gaines wood foam hull last race 1988 till this weekend at the silver cup in Mendota. Round 3 she still has it going with a disc Picco motor
default_smile.png

Good to see her run again.. Was always a performer when I' ed see Bruce run it at San Diego...

His son John had one too that he campaigned in Dist 9 NAMBA in the 80 that was also a grate running boat.. The was also another one in D 9 run by Cecil Reynolds..Those two would always put on a good race.. Grate memories ..

His son John had one too that he campaigned in Dist 9 NAMBA in the 80 that was also a grate running boat.. The was also another one in D 9 run by Cecil Reynolds..Those two would always put on a good race.. Grate memories ..
I know there are some Gaines Canards floating around and very proud to have one. Anyone in the canard family I wanna meet them all. I believe in the design and want to explore more and learn. This one is his second one ever made. The stand is the original bulk head scraps from the Original Miss Circus Circus Hydroplane. Pretty cool stuff
default_smile.png

GREAT meeting you Bradley

an good luck with her

hay didn't it also win at Mendota a few years ago to

Marty
Yes it won last in 1988 and that as far as we remember that was the last race it had or darn close to it... Very exciting time and it was amazing to see great helping, fun having friends and meeting new ones. The decision now is to bring this to Hobart, or the Fritz hull? She is old and needs serious TLC. Although she is still hanging on. Glad I met you Marty!

Rick,

The propeller is just missing another blade?

Looking good Brad.

Mark Sholund
Bradley,

What prop are you running? The canards run best with large diameter low lifting propellers. The CMB should pull a de-tongued X462 with no problem.

DJ

Back