chevy astro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

i will need to buy a new battery for my 2004 astro van...i know from previous experience that when you disconnect the battery the radio goes dead and to get the radio to work again you have to enter a code....i dont know my code and the dealership i bought my van from is long gone...is there a way i can change the battrey and keep my radio working not knowing the security code ?....thanks....bob

i will need to buy a new battery for my 2004 astro van...i know from previous experience that when you disconnect the battery the radio goes dead and to get the radio to work again you have to enter a code....i dont know my code and the dealership i bought my van from is long gone...is there a way i can change the battrey and keep my radio working not knowing the security code ?....thanks....bob
Take a 12 volt gell cell (starter box battery) and keep it connected to your battery leads before, during and until the new battery is completely hooked up. Just be careful to keep the positive from grounding. If the cigarette lighter stays hot all the time then you could use an adapter plug into it from the gell cell and do the same thing but still do not let the battery positive cable touch ground as it will still see the 12 volts coming from the input at the lighter outlet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a 12 volt gell cell (starter box battery) and keep it connected to your battery leads before, during and until the new battery is completely hooked up. Just be careful to keep the positive from grounding. If the cigarette lighter stays hot all the time then you could use an adapter plug into it from the gell cell and do the same thing but still do not let the battery positive cable touch ground as it will still see the 12 volts coming from the input at the lighter outlet. :)
don , thank you very much , if you ever travel to wny look me up , lunch is on me...bob

don , thank you very much , if you ever travel to wny look me up , lunch is on me...bob
if that dont work. any GM dealer will give you the codes.. They just need you vin ID numbers and they can get the codes for you. Joe replace a 4.3 in a 95 blazer for a friend and he bought it used for a used car dealer. His friend called the GM dealer to get the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
if that dont work. any GM dealer will give you the codes.. They just need you vin ID numbers and they can get the codes for you. Joe replace a 4.3 in a 95 blazer for a friend and he bought it used for a used car dealer. His friend called the GM dealer to get the codes.
hydro , thanks for the tip , ....bob

Latest posts

Back