Charge of the light horse brigade

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrewg

Ray congratualtions on the success of the DH and Neu motors.

I hear a Cabover took LSH at the CAFE race on the weekend. Looks like we still have that class to ourselves.

I hear a Cabover took LSH at the CAFE race on the weekend. Looks like we still have that class to ourselves.
Andrew don't forget about the rc hydros UL1. Still a contender & US 2005 nationals champ.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The cabover is a very good boat. I like the looks of it. It didn't win the CAFE race due to the boat. My H&M Viper had a good 1/2 to 3/4 lap lead on the cabover each heat after 1 mile mark. My problem was I couldn't keep my boat off the buoys on the last two heats after we completed the 1 mile mark. We decided to try 1.25 miles for the last two heats to experiment.

Hey Jeff, Your Viper was indead very quick. I was running 2 year GP3300's and a 3 year old SS1 but hope to step it up a notch next year :ph34r:
MissCanadaCollageLarge_small.jpg

that is one beautiful boat Pete... and your graphic is top drawer as well!

Capt. Ron

Thanks Ron, She's a little battle scared after this season, but still looks pretty much the same at 30mph :D

That is one sweet Cabover!

From what I hear in this thread, there's at least 4 hulls that are contenders in LSH, I think that is fantastic.

Cheers,

Scott.

That's the fun part, more choices for competative boats. There's a guy in our club who has a very fast Finley atlas. I think I'll keep my glass hulls for survivability, but it's great to see people build.

So much of the performance goes back to setup details, regardless of what hull is used.

Andrew, have you gotten to play with any of the Neu motor yet? I've pretty much got the combos figured out at this point. I can send you a spead sheet with applications if you're interested. It's the same list I sent to Steve to give them some info on FE apps.

Brian

Brian

I hope I am pretty close withthe motors

Altho I would be intrested in what you came up with given your experience with the motors and planes.

One thing I notice is how well they are responding to voltage (more talking aircraft here) just poour on the coals and they do their thing and stay cool.

Runnign the Neus with the Nitros later this moth in the regional champs - hoping to bust a few IC nuts runing 3.5cc nitro and maybe 1/8th but right now the work is piling up and my opwn models are on the backburner

my Aussie Cabover has seen better days (as much patch now as original hull) after 18 months very enjoyable hard sport running and a recent SAWS outting i'm replace'n it with a Fuller DH shovel with i must admit, mixed emotions...

will run the new hull in I.M.P.B.A. O-2 Sport with Brian's suggestion of a Neu 1509 1Y, a Barracuda 125 and eight IB3800's...

Adios ole cabover!

:(

Capt Ron

Sounds like the Aus Cabover needs to be put back into production to give the Horse a run for its money!

The aussi shovels are only available from one place - fastelectrics.com and not for a week or two

My glass guy has had a string of health issues but seems to have recovered and after we get some cf pipes done will start on the cabover again and hopefully the GenII/redstpone version

Other things may be happening soon - very affordable things.

Has anyone tried the classic hydros shovel ? its looking pretty good, where are these fabled ausi shovels available from ?
Vato, yes I have built 2 so far, actually completed 1 finishing a second, it is a beutiful kit, but there is a lot of plywood included that adds some weight to it, I modified the sponsons with three steps, it ran very nice and the speed wasn't too far off what chris costanza was running, not bad for not being dialed in here's a pic

MissBehaving_001sm.jpg

here is the sponson mods

MissBehaving_004sm.jpg

Coming at ya

MissBehaving_003sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried the classic hydros shovel ?
There are several in our club, and they run well. They are pretty heavy, and do not have the speed of the Aussies (3-5 mph slower than our fastest Aussie), but they are much more durable. A good boat for the newer boater to learn to build and to race, better than the Aussie IMO. They handle well and are certainly not dogs.

Back