CG???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lar'Dog,

If 36" referances the total length of the hull (tunnel or mono), 11.5" is a good starting point. People will tell you to use 29 -33% of the hull length measured forward from the transome. I tend to like the CG a little further forward on a tunnel than where I would locate it on a mono. (or you could say I'd let the CG fall a little closer to the transome on a mono than on a tunnel. six of one 1/2 dozen the other)

If your boat is a hydro of some sort, I couldn't say where to locate the CG. I've never built or run one.

chunk t

well.... the above mention % is a good place to start, but ultimately you will have to determine where the proper CG should be located on any given boat by testing, testing, and more testing...

This is not what most want to hear, but it is the case, none the less.

Some manufacturers give estimates of where a boat should balance, but its not set in stone.

~James

TF is right, the correct CG will vary even on the same hull as the power, speed or water condition changes. And to complicate things, the "best" CG for a straightaway run may be different if you have to turn corners. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. :(

Back