Carl Van Hooten

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htbboats

I got word today that Carl is ill and in the hospital. Anyone got any news on him? Wish you the best Carl!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
sure don't like hearing that, mark. i pm'd him the other day, hadn't received an answer, was kinda curious as to why. now i know :( . best wishes, carl.

I was talking to Carl Monday night about the stright aways in Va this weekend. He thought he had food poising and had been ill and was going to the doctor on Tuesday Morning. I Did not know that it was worse than that. I will keep every one posted when i get more info.

Jimmy

Hi All I Just talked to Carl and he is doing ok. He Is thinking that he had a bad case of food poising. He is home and Trying to get over it. I am sure that he will reply as soon as he can See ya Jimmy

Good morning, i want do to Carl get well soon, and i hope that i return very good as soon possible.

Regards

Giuseppe Gallegra - Italy

To all concerned,

I am back at work today and feeling much better. Hopefully, I can get back to the pond this weekend and do some testing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Carl,

That a boy.. just what I wanted to hear.. BACK TO THE POND!.. thats why Carl is one of the fastest in RC boating..

Take care sheriff and glad you are feeling better.

Grim

Hey Carl now that you are feeling better could you build me a Helion 247?

I need it by next weekend. If you get a chance could you build the radio box?

Oh Yea Don't paint it with the paint you painted the Spritzer with, it hates break cleaner. :huh:

Tunnel Bill found that out real fast....

Let me know,

Kentley

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Carl now that you are feeling better could you build me a Helion 247?I need it by next weekend. If you get a chance could you build the radio box?

Oh Yea Don't paint it with the paint you painted the Spritzer with, it hates break cleaner. :huh:

Let me know,

Kentley
Trouble maker....

Hey Carl now that you are feeling better could you build me a Helion 247?I need it by next weekend. If you get a chance could you build the radio box?

Let me know,

Kentley
Trouble maker....
Carl did you ever put up a website?

Carl,

Be expecting a call from Bill. He has a feel ideas on how to properly build a radio box. Bill says it is absolutely critical to have the lid flush with the box. I must have heard that at least a dozen times.

Don't worry about your hydro. We should have it glued back together in a day or two.

Hope you feel better.

Carl,Be expecting a call from Bill. He has a feel ideas on how to properly build a radio box. Bill says it is absolutely critical to have the lid flush with the box. I must have heard that at least a dozen times.

Don't worry about your hydro. We should have it glued back together in a day or two.

Hope you feel better.
I gave that Turbo-style adapter you gave me to thread for you to one of my tool makers to thread.

After looking into it, we found out that we have one gear from our manual lathe gear set missing and guess what? It is the one to make the 8x.75mm thread. I measured across a wire set to get that pitch.

I will have one of the guys run it across the CNC lathe to make that thread for you.

Let me know when you guys plan to have the next Speed Trials and I will work it in.

-Carl VH

Carl,Be expecting a call from Bill. He has a feel ideas on how to properly build a radio box. Bill says it is absolutely critical to have the lid flush with the box. I must have heard that at least a dozen times.

Hope you feel better.
Carl,

I'm glad you are feeling better, we sure missed you. Don't believe everything KP & PH said, it is a long story, I have to plead the 5th amendment. I saved you some shipping cost, Your Taboo looks great in my shop. I will send it back when I wear it out or get my Decals. :) :) :)

TB

I gave that Turbo-style adapter you gave me to thread for you to one of my tool makers to thread.After looking into it, we found out that we have one gear from our manual lathe gear set missing and guess what? It is the one to make the 8x.75mm thread. I measured across a wire set to get that pitch.

I will have one of the guys run it across the CNC lathe to make that thread for you.

Let me know when you guys plan to have the next Speed Trials and I will work it in.

-Carl VH
Carl,

Just where exactly do you "Alabama Boys" find good round tree branches small enough to measure an 8x0.75mm thread??? Do you use an Oak, Walnut, Pine???

We "Kentucky Boys" have been trying to figure that one out for some time... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad to hear your feeling better. Tim's still going to call you back.....We've just been to busy for our own good lately.....

Maybe in a couple of years when Peyton is a little older, we might make it to another race or time trial... I'll give him the radio, and you thought my driving was bad!!!

Talk to you later and Take Care...

Josh Fulton

I gave that Turbo-style adapter you gave me to thread for you to one of my tool makers to thread.After looking into it, we found out that we have one gear from our manual lathe gear set missing and guess what? It is the one to make the 8x.75mm thread. I measured across a wire set to get that pitch.

-Carl VH
Carl,

Just where exactly do you "Alabama Boys" find good round tree branches small enough to measure an 8x0.75mm thread??? Do you use an Oak, Walnut, Pine???

We "Kentucky Boys" have been trying to figure that one out for some time... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad to hear your feeling better. Tim's still going to call you back.....We've just been to busy for our own good lately.....

Maybe in a couple of years when Peyton is a little older, we might make it to another race or time trial... I'll give him the radio, and you thought my driving was bad!!!

Talk to you later and Take Care...

Josh Fulton
We had to mess with them a little. I'll give you two a call when I get caught up a little.

-Carl,

Let me know,

Kentley
Trouble maker....

Hey buddy, I just noticed you have not been well. Look after yourself!

MJ

Latest posts

Back