Carbon Fiber Booms Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralphie

Fractured a boom on my rigger today and looking for some help where I can get some replacement.

What I have right now is 5/16" OD (.3125) CF tubing that is hollow with thin 1/4" Aluminum tubing inside. Any ideas where I can get sme of this CF. The aluminum should not be a problem.

Or what are you guys using it MUST be 5/16" OD CF.

THANKS

Ralph

Ralphie,

I'll do you one better than that. Go with the solid CF rod. There is virtually zero flex. When I was running my hawk, I saw a BIG difference in handling when I quit using the tubing and started using the solid rod. ACP has it in 5/16" and many other sizes.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Ralphie,
I'll do you one better than that. Go with the solid CF rod. There is virtually zero flex. When I was running my hawk, I saw a BIG difference in handling when I quit using the tubing and started using the solid rod. ACP has it in 5/16" and many other sizes.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
Sounds like a good idea

Thanks

Keep in mind... You want the boom tube to break during a HEAVY impact. Hit something and the boom tube doesn't break.... that means something else will. It's a whole lot easier to replace a broken boom tube, than making new sponsons.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralph,

You must have been trying to "shave" some more time off of your lap.... :D

Fractured a boom on my rigger today and looking for some help where I can get some replacement.What I have right now is 5/16" OD (.3125) CF tubing that is hollow with thin 1/4" Aluminum tubing inside. Any ideas where I can get sme of this CF. The aluminum should not be a problem.

THANKS

Ralph

Ralph,
You must have been trying to "shave" some more time off of your lap.... :D

Fractured a boom on my rigger today and looking for some help where I can get some replacement.What I have right now is 5/16" OD (.3125) CF tubing that is hollow with thin 1/4" Aluminum tubing inside. Any ideas where I can get sme of this CF. The aluminum should not be a problem.

THANKS

Ralph
You got that right Mike...............I was SO close I missed 3rd Place by .05 sec !

If I hadn't hit the buoy I would have had second for sure......oh well it was fun :rolleyes:

20MPH winds didn't help too :(

Keep in mind... You want the boom tube to break during a HEAVY impact. Hit something and the boom tube doesn't break.... that means something else will. It's a whole lot easier to replace a broken boom tube, than making new sponsons.
Mike
Very true Mike

Hey dare Terry...

How's it going up in the great white north???? Ralph is running a .21 Hawk. Surly you guys aren't running solid shafts on .21's are you?

Maybe I will get to see you this summer

Mike Ball

I like solid 5/16" rods on my 40 hydro and solid 3/8" for my 67, they will still break occasionally when my driver has a brain fart. :rolleyes:

Back