carb setting for O/B .67

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atious

Whats the factory or good start setting for the low speed needle for the K&B .67 O/B?

Atious you can go to MECOA .com and download a complete operating instructions for any of the K&B engines . Just go there and click on K&B the instruction are in acrobatic reader format.

Did that first. They only give high neddle settings and state the low needle is set at the factory. My carb was dismantled and I doubt the setting is correct.

Actious,if your looking at your carb from the side the gold disk has a hafe moon shap in it ,the bottom of this hafe moon should be at the center of the hole in the carb body ,rember its not really a hole just were its been drilled.mine have been at this spot from the first day i got it and never had to change it. Ihope my explenation helps you, Dal :-e

Hi ATIOUS,

Is it possible for you to post a pick of your carby as there are at least 2 different ones for the 67 depending on vintage. Does your carb have an alloy bell mouth inserted in the venturi or is it a fully machined one?

This might help sort out what the adjustment should be.

GT 8)

The old style with a push in venturi. I've tried to post pics but I must be doing something wrong.

The black low speed needle with the slotted head should be flush or even slightly protruding from the brass hex barrel on the side of the carb. Better rich than lean.....

Thats 'bout where I've got it set now. I've yet to run it but even being used I'm going to do a couple of tanks run-in.

Latest posts

Back