Carb relocater intake

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh: what the hell is that........seriously, if someone wants to buy an exttra exhaust setup from BH hanson, and decides to stick it on thier intake, why do they need to pay you to do it? :angry:

Seeing how this isn't in the for sale section - I guess it's open to debate :blink:

Personally I'm sceptical about such a mod. Things like that could have a serious effect on the gas velocity in the inlet tract, and if it is smooth on the inside it would promote "fuel dropout" where the atomised fuel pools on the sides. The larger diameter inlet tract reduces gas velocity in a lot of cases - do a search on flow benches and read up on it if you don't believe me! I don't ever recall seeing a performance 2 stroke engine with an inlet tract that long in relation to the size of the port or that indirect in terms of direction. Be it in karts, bikes etc.

I can see the benefit of not getting water ingested in the motor - sufficient enough reason for such a product - but selling it as a performance boost wouldn't be my approach unless I had independent dyno and flow bench test data to back it up. My $.02

Use it as a velocity stack would keep the water out of the carby and prevent drop out ;)

Snorkel for submarines - hey that would work on those mono's that "dunk" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
HA HA Guy's the onlly testing that we got to do before the snow blew was with a crud intake on a cat that went 54 MPH with stock intakeand 62 MPH by just putting the intake on the carb we use is a 9/16 bore so don't put something if you have no idea of what your talking about!!

Mike B)

well fair enough if that was a back to back test with same prop, same pipe and same water (relative) than it stands for something.

i still don't see such a long intake working but then again stranger things have proven to be winning class in the past so stick to it if you believe it no matter what sceptics say.

I personally like a scientific approach.......

so how about most intake tuning is done so that the throtteling system is close to the intake port for increased throttle reaction times?

Guest said:
HA HA Guy's the onlly testing that we got to do before the snow blew was with a crud intake on a cat that went 54 MPH with stock intakeand 62 MPH by just putting the intake on the carb we use is a 9/16 bore so don't put something if you have no idea of what your talking about!!
Mike B)
8mph with just a change to the inlet length? Wow - I'm astounded.

More than 10% gain in top speed. You can't blame anyone for being sceptical can you? I hope you patented it. Myself and a lot of other boaters spend a lot of money to gain less speed than that. Not to mention factory sponsored racing teams like Honda that spend millions of dollars every year racing GP bikes.

As for not posting if one doesn't know what they are talking about - Let the forum users decide. I based my comments on things I have read up on over the years and applied / tested based on scientific fact. I even gave some insight into where others could find relevant info.

Don't post on a public forum if you don't want people to discuss it / voice an opinion. It does nothing for a persons credibility (or a busineess for that matter) to just slam someone for dissagreeing with them. Discuss it and act civil and it says a lot more.

Tim.

I've tried opening up after the venturi in the carb and lost all the ram effect form the carb, now you got a larger area and longer to move that air, not to mention the curves. I think it's like putting a bullet on the motor. You can't take rammed air and dump it into a larger area, and think it's goint to keep ramming.

Any thought on this guys? :eek:

Bill,

I know this is for 4 strokes - but the same principle applies. Our engines are essentially air pumps. The more airflow = the more power to be made. Inlet shape and diameter is critical to volumetric efficiency of an engine.

http://www.racetech.com.au/custom.htm

I have also read an excelent book by David Vizard (well known race engine builder) about filling inlet ports to increase velocity as opposed to the old theory that bigger = better. All backed up by flow bench and dyno figures.

Tim.

Tim sorry didn't mean it in a bad way , were just trying to make some new go fast prod for the gas guy's

Didn't mean any harm but you shold try somthing before you put it down

Mike

A buddy of mine has a dyno for testing Zens, he could do a couple pulls for ya and compair the two like the stock manifold and yours, his name is Hoffmeister,

Im sure he would be happy to test em,

Gene :D

These are some pics of my 7 SEC. drag car that is for sale a little off topic but some speed freak back ground a 1958 vw beatle sedan T/S Class

Yeah, the last time I had a few Emails with Mike, I found a CF pipe I thought he might like to test out on his rigger, but he wound up goin a different direction.

He used to post here a lot, we had a bunch of his videos, I believe the other member of the team Don Betz, is a member here too.

Gene :D

Back