can u make a slide carb work

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James montgomery

So i have a rb v12 with a slide carb on it is there any way to make yhis work in my 12 not alot of room was think of makeing a inclosed mount on the outside of the tub by the carb. Any other ideas would be great.

Its not finished by any means winter project needs lots of work. Will be going royal purple with ghost flames. Just seening if any one has tryed makeing a slide carb work.

I did it once.. ONCE! Probably not worth the headache.. got a rotary carb.. that is a NR based engine. there are lots of them that will fit..

It can be a PITA but you'd have to fabricate a few parts. Get some ball links and make then as short as possible with a tiny piece of threaded rod in between them to hook up the carb to a bellcrank. If you still want to go this route it ain't gonna be purty but a fun challenge.

Been there and doing it again now. I've stared at boats just to figure out a better or different way to do something. I've got a rare engine on the bench now that needs a lot of parts fabrication to get it going. I don't have any fancy tools to do things with so things could be a little crude but workable.

To make things a little neater you could run the throttle linkage behind the carb and put the bellcrank on the right side. you can get it somewhat low to help clear the header and pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not neccessarily better but it depends on what it's used on. They have a better reaction to on-and--off throttle response but when you're running mostly WOT then it really doesn't matter as much. They do work better when you're racing cars and trucks.

I also heard they where better to. Has any one ever ran one of these rb 12s befor it was in my losi buggy and was fast so i thought maybe i would use it in my rigger

Cant wait to try it in the boat i know my truck was a rocket with it and know they turn some crazy rpms. Wht size prop did u use?

Here is wht i have done so far not pretty lookimg but think it might work some and decided to stan and seal my boat looks alot better now.here is a few pics.

Would you please turn that flywheel around, you're driving these guys nuts! :D You're going to have to do it anyway otherwise you won't be able to get a starting belt to it. You might need the spacer that goes between the block and flywheel.

Latest posts

Back