can anybody identify this hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is so funny....lol....just a question turned into a debate....lol.....This is why I like this forum :p Yall guys crack me up

Eh not a debate. Just trying to figure out what each boat has. I was just trying to show how its not even close to a villain is all....

it shows on that site as a signature jerry dunlop wof

Last edited by a moderator:
The red boat sure looks like a JD WOF 30 with a Top Speed cowling. The sponson tips on the yellow one are certainly not the same as a VS1 and the radio box is not a VS 1 radio box.

JD

Eh not a debate. Just trying to figure out what each boat has. I was just trying to show how its not even close to a villain is all....
I really appreciate all the input guys. A friend was thinking about buying the yellow boat but didnt know who built it.....probably not the best choice of words as far as a debate. I really enjoy reading about this history of these boats because other than seeing a topspeed in towers catalog I had no idea rc boats had a place in RC hobbies....now I realize it is probably on of the biggest hobbies with the most helpful people of any hobby. Just to be able to talk(pm,chat whatever) with the builder of the boats we run is amazing and is what drew me to this site. So by all means give me more to read about....lol

Not sure how I missed this post for so long but I'm just about positive I built that boat. One of many I built up thru 2010. Someone set it up for FE. When it was built it for nitro. I think I built that one for someone else and they sold it. The boat is true wood over foam. No structure inside at all. They're tough as rubber nails and run OK but they are not near as good as some of the top line stuff. Great in rough water though. I probably still have all the templates for it. I think that's about the third version of that boat. Yes, it's a Dumas cowl. Mike

Here's more than you ever wanted to know about one. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6843060/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

I was thinking you might have built it but just did not say it cuz I was not sure..lol..

Grim

You do that a lot Robbin, jump in and debate stuff you don't have a clue about, just saying.....

Chris,

Looks like you got some great feedback. You get that OS back together?

You do that a lot Robbin, jump in and debate stuff you don't have a clue about, just saying.....

Chris,

yep Ron I got it together...has alot of compression. Just cant decide what hull to put it back on...lol....going to build a couple of pvc boat stands today cause its raining outside.....

Great idea. Something to think about when building an outboard stand, supporting the lower unit. I have found one of the easiest ways to prevent transom failure and steering servo damage when starting outboards is by supporting the lower. I have a support built into my stands that allow me to slide the tunnels forward for starting and then slide back to lift tunnel from the stand. If you need any ideas on how to do this, let me know.

Chris,

thank you, ron. you just helped me make a few decisions - i'm done............so flippin' tired of the contentious b.s.!!!!

Robin...don't worry about stupid stuff...not worth it!

Ron...behave yourself

Robin...don't worry about stupid stuff...not worth it!

Ron...behave yourself
Kent,

Long story. If he is going to dish it out, he needs to get a little thicker skin. Remind me to tell you about my for sale thread he hyjacked.

All good Ron.....hey, on another note...you going to the Haggerstown race next month? You can PM me.

thank you, ron. you just helped me make a few decisions - i'm done............so flippin' tired of the contentious b.s.!!!!
Ya know how everything has a cause and effect?

Well Ron, cause you decided to get smart mouthed with Robin the effect is that you are the first person to officially hit my Ignore filter (both of your IW accounts). I'll no longer see your posts, signature, messages, or chats. So no need to respond. I won't see it.

I know we all have bad days when our attitudes are not the best, myself included. I fact I have little room to talk. But brother, you sir have an attitude that is so coarse that even I no longer wish to be assaulted with it on a daily basis. It's a shame to cause I have never even met you.

No hard feelings, and I did not post this to start a pissing match. So don't go there. I won't be back on this thread to see the replies.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back