Calling all .12's! Calling all .12's!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryConrad

Place: Twin Cities Model Boat Club, Nicols Pond, Eagan Mn.

Time: Drivers Meeting, 9AM Sunday May 22, 2011

This site is filled with members who like nothing more than to TALK about their .12 hydros. Time to put the talking and bench racing aside, and put those props in the water and back up the smack.

Don't forget to bring your A game.

tcmbc.org

I couldnt make race 1 last weekend, but I'll be there for the .12 shootout. :) I'll try to remember to wear my Gilligan's hat. :)

Hi Kevin,

Nope testing.... I've been lucky in that each of the .12 JAE's has run well from the 1st toss in the water & the props Sholund has done for me have me happy; I can run with anyone in the club as far as speed (til Big Bryon etc comes around!! :) ). On the other hand I had a leaky radio box all last summer, and am running the same hull this summer, so I have stripped it down, and am gradually elimating all the possibilities. I know it's not in the transom or stuffing tube areas... it stays dry in the tub; it has to be coming in from the antenna seal or on/off switch far as I can tell... hope to finish sorting it today. As for other boats, I've have 2 .21 riggers - a Mike Hallam hull, and a JAE.

I couldnt make race 1 last weekend, but I'll be there for the .12 shootout. :) I'll try to remember to wear my Gilligan's hat. :)

Todd, You need to charge the batteries and seal the radio box too. :D :p :D Oh ya and bring more than one reciever some spare servos, epoxy, spare boom tubes, CA, screws etc. What else did I forget something?????

Just fun'n ya dude. Good luck to you this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd, You need to charge the batteries and seal the radio box too. :D :p :D Oh ya and bring more than one reciever some spare servos, epoxy, spare boom tubes, CA, screws etc. What else did I forget something?????

Just fun'n ya dude. Good luck to you this weekend
Yeah, you forgot to mention the Kitchen knife-blade for when he breaks his Rudder like he did last year.. :huh: :lol:

Eagan is too far away for me to go to prove a point, but It would nice to see MissHydro get her .12 dirty.

Yeah, I'll find something new to screw up/break/do.... "the world is a box of chocolates"... :) I saw 5 signed up... with the couple walk ons we get - should be 7-8 boats?? It should be a good time as always.

Ted, you sure tried hard tho to help me get a drill bit thru that hi carbon steel knife blade!! :D

Well, 6 guys signed-up for the coveted .12 trophy Sunday morning. Heat was split-up due to the lack of drivers for pitting purposes. After the 1st round Bart Friske & Dave P. were in 1st place between split-heats. Then the Storms came. Hail/Rain tornado warnings/etc. Several people went home - except the die-hard .12 racers for that elusive trophy. :D Due to the multiple "Wall Clouds" that kept rolling through, none of the original 6(Now 5 because 1 went home) could get a needle setting that would stick - except Bart Friske, whom won with a total of 1150 points(1 bouy smack) Dave P. with 725, Todd H. & Ted B. with 25 points for starts, and Lance B. I guess one thing that came out of all this was watching Todd H's. JAE do multiple blow-overs(And there wasn't any wind). Todd loaded his front sponsons up with Tape-on weights :huh: Now, why would anybody want to add weight to a .12 JAE? :huh: :unsure: :lol:

In defense of Rod Geraghty's, and the rest of the JAE design crew's hard work to design their cutting edge boat, Todd 's boat is not one of them.His A hydro is a loose interpretation of the Jap design that preceded the introduction of the JAE.

I must have blown off and cartwheeled a dozen times. The only thing I changed from last year was different(1/8" wider) sponsons and wheel collars. Larry figured out my problem in @5min when he called me to hear about the day.... way too high an AOA. I never checked 'em against my orginal ones from last yr.... or against the plans after they were built. Guess I must have moved my template when marking the holes. But I still have the origional sponsons and these new ones can be fixed.

But for the record Larry, the boat IS a JAE built from plans; the materials are different is all.... CF laminated to ply.... just something I wanted to try. You've needled me on this for 3 yrs now ever since I got that other tub from Truex..... I just want anyone else reading this to know. :ph34r:

I must have blown off and cartwheeled a dozen times. The only thing I changed from last year was different sponsons and wheel collars. Larry figured out my problem in @5min when he called me to hear about the day.... way too high an AOA. I never checked 'em against my orginal ones from last yr.... or against the plans after they were built. Guess I must have moved my template when marking the holes. But I still have the origional sponsons and these new ones can be fixed.

But for the record Larry, the boat IS a JAE built from plans; the materials are different is all.... CF laminated to ply.... just something I wanted to try. You've needled me on this for 3 yrs now ever since I got that other tub from Truex..... I just want anyone else reading this to know. :ph34r:
Just F.Y.I. Todd, Whatever type of hull it is, I just wanted you to know that if you can get the AOA tackled - I'm confident that your boat will probably be the fastest .12 on the pond. B)

I must have blown off and cartwheeled a dozen times. The only thing I changed from last year was different(1/8" wider) sponsons and wheel collars. Larry figured out my problem in @5min when he called me to hear about the day.... way too high an AOA. I never checked 'em against my orginal ones from last yr.... or against the plans after they were built. Guess I must have moved my template when marking the holes. But I still have the origional sponsons and these new ones can be fixed.

unsure.gif
huh.gif
blink.gif
ohmy.gif
If you say so Todd.
biggrin.gif

Hmmm Lary is right again (how annoying! :lol: ). He called me and asked me about the plans I used; they are ones Rod G drew up for me when The JAP/JAE was still top secret, and only in the hands of the test team. Guess I should call it a JAP?? A proto JAE?? I guess I prefer "a custom boat Rod G drew up". <_<

Ted, your being humble.... I couldnt over take you at last summer's last race; yours is equally as fast; as well as Bart's, Tim D's and several others..... its a "any given Sunday" isnt it (which is great for competition & the club). We all need about 3-5mph to hang with the national guys when they show up, dont we! :D

I need to bring the camcorder to another race so those on here can actually see what running and how.

Hmmm Lary is right again (how annoying! :lol: ). He called me and asked me about the plans I used; they are ones Rod G drew up for me when The JAP/JAE was still top secret, and only in the hands of the test team. Guess I should call it a JAP?? A proto JAE?? I guess I prefer "a custom boat Rod G drew up". <_<

Ted, your being humble.... I couldnt over take you at last summer's last race; yours is equally as fast; as well as Bart's, Tim D's and several others..... its a "any given Sunday" isnt it (which is great for competition & the club). We all need about 3-5mph to hang with the national guys when they show up, dont we! :D

I need to bring the camcorder to another race so those on here can actually see what running and how.
I would really like to see that!

Back