CAD help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Can someone help me with CAD? I'm trying to draw a sponson so that it will be built up not WOF and I just can't figure out all the parts. I would think it would need to be drawn 3D and I don't have the skill/program to do it.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

I can possibly help you out here. Sounds like you want wood sheeted over a wood frame? Something like the Blazer Marine boats? I can crank it out in Solidworks pretty quickly and export to DXF or whatever.

Send me an email racemechanix (at) Gmail . com

Tyler

Can someone help me with CAD? I'm trying to draw a sponson so that it will be built up not WOF and I just can't figure out all the parts. I would think it would need to be drawn 3D and I don't have the skill/program to do it.
Let me know,

Thanks,

Tom
Drawing new designs in AutoCad is the way to go. I have been doing it since the mid 80's. I probably have 35-40 designs on the tube. It helps when it comes to making fine adjustments to your final design concept. You will have LOTS of time in your first couple of drawings. Draw your top view and side view first. Then, break the drawing into sectional views. Place the views on your page top center and side left. Then, draw you cross sections using the sectional views to pull your lines from. Then use your offset command to allow for the decking thickness. It is slow but you end up with a nice full scale print of your boat when finished.

Good luck.

-Carl VH

i've taken classes in inventor and pro-e and those would both facilitate very easy 3-D and can be exported to dxf's. too bad i dont have the money to buy either of the programs :'(

Back