Bushnell Speedster 2 Radar Gun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. We have a few of these in our club, and they work very well, especially for the price. Is it a stalker pro? no not exactly. But if used consistantly, it will give consistant results. we have used it many times for 20 tunnels, and 20 hydros, with out any problems picking them up. We also have a stalker in the club. That is an excellent peice of equipment, but a $1000 bucks???? Its not that big of a difference.

At last years internats during time trial practice I was using the little bushnell radar gun right next to a guy using a stalker and it was dead on every time between the two. Thats prettty darn good if you ask me....

~James

P.S. between the three we have in our club, they are all equal, no differences between the readings from one to another.

Mike

I have this radar gun and used it a couple of times. I compared it with a gps.

What I can tell you from my own experience is that these cheap guns are pretty accurate. You can use it in the boat scene, but the only disadvantage is you cannot use is for great distances. I was at the CMB tunnel races this year and there was somenone with a professional radar gun, using it at a couple of hundred yards. That you cannot do with the Bushnell for that price. But it will go to 100 -150 yards roughly. So it is a little bit tricky how and where to use it. But on little boats it is usable.

Ronald.

A member of our club has one. We have been getting fairly consistent readings. In my opinion it is a good "bang for the buck" option. We get a lot missed passes. This can be in part attributed to operator error in that the same happens to me when I have used the more expensive Stalker guns. Standing on our pits this gun can pick boats exiting buoy 6 (IMPBA) fairly consistent. Just like with any other radar gun, straighter boat approaches into the radar line of sight deem faster readings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back