burned glow plugs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burger

Need some help. Have been boating for 12 years, mostly tunnel. Have an Eagle SG with a .67 Mac and pipe and prop recommended by CMD. The boat has run a max of 80 mph, normally 78 mph, verified at every testing session with a radar gun. It idles without problem, mills around without problem, and will get on and off the gas. The main problem is that it burns a glow plug on EVERY tank of fuel or wide open lap. Thanks

Need some help. Have been boating for 12 years, mostly tunnel. Have an Eagle SG with a .67 Mac and pipe and prop recommended by CMD. The boat has run a max of 80 mph, normally 78 mph, verified at every testing session with a radar gun. It idles without problem, mills around without problem, and will get on and off the gas. The main problem is that it burns a glow plug on EVERY tank of fuel or wide open lap. Thanks
You may be haveing the same problem I just started having. Too hot of a plug for the high % of fuel I was using. My plugs were coiling and breaking at the bottom. I was using MC59 with 50% Sidewinder in a Modded OS18. Not a good combination. Stepping back to MC9s.

Back