BUOYS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhead

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE OUR CLUB CAN BUY BUOYS?

I HAVE BEEN CALLING KERSHAW FLOATATION FOR TWO WEEKS AND ONLY GET THEIR ANSWERING MACHINE.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.............

FISHHEAD

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE OUR CLUB CAN BUY BUOYS?

I HAVE BEEN CALLING KERSHAW FLOATATION FOR TWO WEEKS AND ONLY GET THEIR ANSWERING MACHINE.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.............

FISHHEAD

Atlantic & Gulf Fishing Supply of Miami is where I used to get them when I was a member of the Indy Boat Club.

MG

most craft stores & florist supply houses have styrofoam balls, in various sizes. might find something local, that way ;) .

If your looking for styrofoam bouys, I can send you a web site for a place in Florida that I get them from for our club. They are 7 1/2" dia. with a hole in the center for running rope through. They are used by crab fishermen to mark there traps.

I get them for under $2.00 ea. Let me know. I'm at work now, but can send the web address when I get home tonight.

Hello,

A quick check of the previous buys shows:

Atlantic & Gulf Fishing Supply

1-800-327-6167

atagulf.com

I would suggest the 7.5" size for $1.84 ea plus shipping. The 12" Kershaw are in stock at Kershaw but run $9.20

each, but when halved with a tree bow saw gets the cost down to $4.60. When you call Kershaw, leave your number

and they will call you back. The only orange fluorescent paint I found that works is Plasti-Kote #FL-9, and #FL-7 for green.

John Equi

Hello, A quick check of the previous buys shows:

1-800-327-6167

atagulf.com

I would suggest the 7.5" size for $1.84 ea plus shipping. The 12" Kershaw are in stock at Kershaw but run $9.20

each, but when halved with a tree bow saw gets the cost down to $4.60. When you call Kershaw, leave your number

and they will call you back. The only orange fluorescent paint I found that works is Plasti-Kote #FL-9, and #FL-7 for green.

John Equi
The concern we always have is shipping A bag of 10 cost us $150 after shipping

Hello, A quick check of the previous buys shows:

1-800-327-6167

atagulf.com

John Equi
I got one of our D12 clubs to start using the 7.5" round ones last year and they work great!!! They are just as visible, you don't have to cut them in 1/2 & they come pre-sleeved to put a rope thru. I can also tell you they stand up to abuse WAY BETTER than the 12" ones cut in 1/2. Why? If you ever get the chance to see a 12" flat bottom buoy getting hit on video try to slow it down and watch it frame by frame. I did this twice & both times watched as the boat would turn the flat side of the buoy up as it began to hit it & that was like hitting a wall, the buoy exploded. The first day that the ODMBA club put out the 7.5" round ones I hit the entrance buoy WFO with a gas sport hydro & it didn't even phase it, the boat glanced right off the totally round surface. Give them a try, I think you will be surprised plus at less than $2 a piece you'll save alot of $$ . B)

Back