Bullets versus deans connectors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletch51

The 6.5mm Castle Deans bullet connectors were getting hot between my Flightpower 6S 5000mah battery and the castle ICE 240 controlling a Leopard 4082 1450kV motor.

So I'm gonna give Deans a try, I'm quadrupling up though. And now it will be ALL 8 gauge wire.

The FlightPower battery had 12 gauge originally. The bullet connectors were hot, but the 12 gauge wire was only warm(possibly from convection of hot bullets).

This is just for the B+ positive connection between ESC and Battery.

3e.JPG

ebulletdeans.PNG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 6.5mm Castle Deans bullet connectors were getting hot between my Flightpower 6S 5000mah battery and the castle ICE 240 controlling a Leopard 4082 1450kV motor.

So I'm gonna give Deans a try, I'm quadrupling up though. And now it will be ALL 8 gauge wire.

The FlightPower battery had 12 gauge originally. The bullet connectors were hot, but the 12 gauge wire was only warm(possibly from convection of hot bullets).

This is just for the B+ positive connection between ESC and Battery.

3e.JPG

ebulletdeans.PNG.jpg
Fletch they are only good for about 60 amps if that doesnt work out go to the bullets.

Last edited:
Deans have no business on a setup like that.

Use at least 6mm bullets.

I appreciate the replies.

Oops, I originally wrote "Castle Deans bullets"...It was supposed to say "Castle Creations bullets"

If a pair of male/female Deans connector can deliver a continuous 60 amps without heating up, then the 4 pair that i have parralleled should handle a continuous 240 amps.

Since it's already done, I'm gonna test it.

I ran the boat for a few minutes today with the Deans connectors, and the connectors only got slighty warm.

I got some video, but I am having trouble getting it on youtube.

I ran the boat for a few minutes today with the Deans connectors, and the connectors only got slighty warm.

I got some video, but I am having trouble getting it on youtube.
That will get you to 120 amps, if that does not work, go to the 8mm bullets that we all run in our race setups (300 amp rated).

I just ordered some 8mm bullet connectors from my local HobbyTown USA.

Here is a picture of the ICE240 and the extra 7000 microfarad capacitors and the existing Deans connector setup.

The video below is a pain to watch because I was the driver and the cameraman, the cameraphone was taped to the controller.

At least I didn't try to hold the radar gun too...

Prop is still the x450

DeansQuads.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNx_czyL0e4

Back