Building a 25' boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a simple 11" jon boat back in the early 80's. I copied the dimensions of a Coleman Crawdad which was a boat made from some kind of plastic. I used it to fish small lakes for a while. The Crawdad had a nice wide bottom which made it stable for it's size. It was made with formers made from 1x2's with full length stringers. I sheeted it with 1/4" plywood and glassed the outside. I painted it in the back bedroom of the 14 x 70 mobile home we lived in at the time. My Dad and a friend of his built several runabouts and day cruisers form Mechanics Illustrated plans back in the 50's.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
i built a 13' d class ob runabout from a GlennL frame kit & plans back in jr. high (early/middle 60's). ran it with a 35 hp merc, even raced it some. mostly just a fun boat growing up in miami :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i built a 13' d class ob runabout from a GlennL frame kit & plans back in jr. high (early/middle 60's). ran it with a 35 hp merc, even raced it some. mostly just a fun boat growing up in miami :D
Do you have any pics. They have plan kits for shovel nose hydroplanes also. They look awesome.

thats an awesome old shovel. love the pipes.. im in the middle of doing my deisel truck like that kinda...

IMG_0985.JPG

Back