bud twin wing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brooks93 said:
did this boat race as anything else besides the bud..
thanks

112316[/snapback]

NO, T-4 BUD ONLY ,THE T4 WAS SOLD TO THE U8 TEAM AND REDAMPED BACK INTO A STANDARD SINGLE CELL HULL.

darn. really didn't want to build another bud boat..

do you have anymore pics

Joe Wiebelhaus said:
Doug,Show him one with the horizontal wing (pre damage) hehe........

jw

112514[/snapback]

IMPBA rule states "MUST have a PIC of the proto type". That is a very open rule.There is nothing in the rule that states (Have raced like or as Qualified like) So if you want to build a scale and have a pic of it, have at it, Damaged or not. If the intent is to mean (Raced like or qualified like) then write that into the rule that way! As I see the rule Doug

Last edited:
any chance of turning it into a circus circus

or exide or other 2 wing boat? <_< ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
brooks93 said:
so the twin wing bud never made a race
112553[/snapback]

It raced but Chip Hanauer who was driving for Bud at one time said the boat was a deathtrap. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, I believe Chip tested the hull, but never raced it. I seem to recall that Mark Evans actually did race the hull, probably due to the fact that it was the only hull they had in one piece. I know I gave a copy of the VHS footage to Steve Gualtieri to document his Tri-Wing Bud. I'll attempt to dig up the specific race it ran. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

brooks93 said:
so it is a legal 1/8th then since it did race or qual
112587[/snapback]

Don, You very much right.Chip only tested this boat and In Seatle in 2004 and after he blowed over there primary hull in Seatle in 2004. Chip took the T4 out but was to sore too run it and they put it away. But on the other hand Mark Evan was the only driver to put it in a show and race it and LOVE everything about the hull. Chip did not like this boat nor did he like the Circus Circus three wing boat.

Last edited:
Another cool thing is that the primary Cowl that is on the Oboy Oberto today. This cowl was the back up cowl from the T4. The cowl was drop behind because of room. I cut the front off and reshaped the side and put it on the Oboy Oberto. Just like all of the fiberglass stuff Bud made. It was made of the best glass money could buy and was super lite.

Last edited:
Back