Brushless motors for 1/8 scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

Looking to convert my nitro 1/8 miller high life to electric and according to the rule book, the motor choices are Lehner 22XX, Castle-Neu 15XX, or the Plett 370.

Searches have found none of those motors available. How do I find the right motor to meet the rules? Also, what is the best controller for this application?

Looking to convert my nitro 1/8 miller high life to electric and according to the rule book, the motor choices are Lehner 22XX, Castle-Neu 15XX, or the Plett 370.

Searches have found none of those motors available. How do I find the right motor to meet the rules? Also, what is the best controller for this application?
The 1500 series NEU motors are readily available. I would strongly suggest the NEU 1527 1.5Y on 10S lipo power. This has proven to be a rock solid combination. Steve at OSE has excellent prices - http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Neu+Motors

Ed,

That is still pretty open if your rules so not say which Neu or which Lehner 22 series. As Don mentioned the 1527 1.5Y is a pretty solid and competitive set-up. If you have props for a nitro 1/8 scale the 1.5Y is again a good choice. The hotter motors would be a Neu 1530 1Y or a LMT 2280. The caveat being you will need a strong controller and good batteries to make it work.

The controller is the harder part to find, particularly a 10S controller assuming you can run 10S. Good controllers are MGM, the Castle ICE 240 (not the HV 200), Swordfish 300, Schulze 40.160wk or Schulze 32.200wk.

The Neu's and Swordfishes are available from Steve at OSE and the LMT's and MGM's are available from Brian at Rocket City Racing.

TG

Last edited by a moderator:
My nitro to electric 1/8 scale conversion is described in Electrifying Adventures in Scale. I used 8S with a Castle ICE 200 controler with added water cooling and the above mentioned Neu motor. My new version has the motor in a sealed box. The boat still holds the NAMBA scale and T sport hydro two lap record.

Lohring Miller

anyone tried the cc2028 in a 8th scale? that motor makes my 47 inch mono do 69mph I would think it would make a hydro scat..

anyone tried the cc2028 in a 8th scale? that motor makes my 47 inch mono do 69mph I would think it would make a hydro scat..
Yes I,ve run the 2028 in 8th. Works great. But IMPBA actually specs the motors and the 2028 is not on the list.

http://www.highendrc.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=210

Good choice as a comparison to the neu 1.5y 850 at a very affordable price
default_biggrin.png

Great motors, and a bargain.

Back