NEED INFO FOR 1/8 SCALE ELECTRIC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I'm running with the 6Os here with a Neu 1527 1.5Y on 10s 35c 5500s, a 450 3 and have to say this is a sweet setup. I'm making the trip, not out running anyone, and the equipment doesn't even know it was invited to the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug, your boat did look good in Atlanta. 10S might be the way to go.

Doug do you run Square drive, or do the motor bearings take the load? I guess the Turnigy fan drive bearings can take the thrust load if they are made for a ducted fan?

The Neu 1527 1.5Y on 10S spinning a detongued X450/3 is the ticket from what I have seen. We set John Finch's FE scale up with that same combo and it works great, fast with low equipment temps and good pack usage. I had an extra 1530 1Y that I used in the Elam and went with 9S to get the prop speeds close to the 1527/10S set up but now wish I would have sold the 1530 and run the 1527/10S set up. My boat is heavier than John's and Doug's as the dummy turbine and rear wings give me almost a 2 pound disadvantage which is why it takes more mah in my boat to get it done than what they use up. I do gotta admit though a late model turbine style boat as an FE is super cool because it kinda sounds like the real deal.
default_cool.png

Jeff- since we have them in place you still need to follow the IMPBA rules for an FE scale and as of right now the Turnigy's are not a legal motor. As for packs spend the coin for a good set of Giant Power, Dinogy or Hyperions.

Doug, your boat did look good in Atlanta. 10S might be the way to go.

Doug do you run Square drive, or do the motor bearings take the load? I guess the Turnigy fan drive bearings can take the thrust load if they are made for a ducted fan?
Thanks Jeff,

I'm running a standard 1/4" shaft and use a thrust bearing between the collet and motor end bell although they say it's not needed.

I'm not familiar with the Turnigy motors.

I tried Turnigy motors in warbirds and ducted fans...the motor shafts bend easy, not a major prob with boats. Pull bell check wiring and epoxy points....personally the NEU is a better deal in the long run ...performance, buying once, quality....DJ

Hey Don in your post yesterday, NEU 1527 1.5y 10S X450-3 what esc and battery mah are you using, give brand names also. Thanks.

Hey Don in your post yesterday, NEU 1527 1.5y 10S X450-3 what esc and battery mah are you using, give brand names also. Thanks.
Go with the Castle Hydra Ice 2 200HV with extra cap bank or Etti High Voltage 220A Opto PRO II Navy also with extra caps. For packs go Giant Power, Dinogy or Hyperion at least 5000mah, 6000mah would be even better.

I am currently running a ML 8255 hull Excecutone with the Neu 1527 1.5/ HV 200 ESC/ Dinogy 5000 (10S) as for prop x452/3 detounged and it is a rocket ship. Temps are in and around 110 to 120.

Any chance of some pics of your ML8255 Executone Jerry Muro so i could see things like battery placement, esc, motor placement etc please.

Hey Don where are the items avaiable ?

Yes Jerry please post some pics. Thanks Guys.
This should get you started-

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=neu-1527&cat=117

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=etti-E065

or-

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=cas-010-0087-01

http://www.shop.mojoracingproducts.com/5S-5-Cell-185-Volt-65C_c15.htm

The Etti ESC is a pain in the butt to program but is proving to be a durable piece. I have switched over to the Castle 200HV for my heat racing boats this season keeping my Schulze ESCs for record trials. I do like that the Castles have data logging ability as well. And get the 8mm shaft size on the motor. I know OSE currently shows no stock but Steve usually has the 1.5Y w/ 8mm shaft. Shoot him an e-mail to see when more are coming in, he's a good guy to deal with.

Hi Don, we will be removing the battery cost from our guidelines. We are flexible in the Southern California Scale Thunderboat club. We are trying to get both the Nitro and FE scales built up out here in Calif again. It seems that from we have seen out of Washington that the guidelines should work well. If not we will make changes. Thanks for everyones input. As it stands now we have more FE scales ready or close to ready than nitro's for the racing season.

Leonard

Best of luck to you guys Leonard. We know you have been working hard out there.
default_cool.png

We're very interested in how things shake out for you fellas.

D.

Hi Don, we will be removing the battery cost from our guidelines. We are flexible in the Southern California Scale Thunderboat club. We are trying to get both the Nitro and FE scales built up out here in Calif again. It seems that from we have seen out of Washington that the guidelines should work well. If not we will make changes. Thanks for everyones input. As it stands now we have more FE scales ready or close to ready than nitro's for the racing season.

Leonard
Hi Leonard! Hope all has been well for you. Nice to see you guys are focused on the big picture and that's getting boats on the water. Please keep us informed as to how things progress and best of luck to everyone.
default_smile.png

Back