Broken cavitation plate

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Wills

Guys,

Is it possible to fix the cavition plate once its been broken? What have you guys done n the past that was durable enough. Or is it a wrap and I should just buy another lower unit.

Thanks for the replies,

Sean

photo 1 (1).JPG

Just cut the other side off. All I use cav plates for is to hold the water pickup and you don't need that. Running above the surface the plate really serves little function. I have cut them off for years.

Mic

I had the same thing happen a few yrs back. I JB welded it. And sanded the excess down. Held like a charm.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Will try the JB weld idea. Wouldnt removing the cavitation plate be considered a mod and thus disqualify it for stock tunnel?

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Will try the JB weld idea. Wouldnt removing the cavitation plate be considered a mod and thus disqualify it for stock tunnel?
Same with Gluing I would think? Silly, but some are stuck on the rules

To be legal in the sport class you should be able to repair the plate but that could be viewed as adding material. Replace the parts and avoid any protests.

Mic

the rule states that you cannot add metal below the cavitation plate. you could make a plate/strap for the top, drill it, clamp everything together, drill matching holes in the cavitation plate & countersink them from the BOTTOM. think small here, the screw heads cannot project below the cavitation plate. it will be impba sport 20 tunnel legal this way. bolt it all up & have fun!!

Thanks Robin. I think that I'll do a combination of your idea along with some JB Weld and fix it. Both maybe overkill but I need it to last. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Sean

Back