Broken Bolts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Anyone on here have access to a EDM that will burn out broken Bolts?

Thanks,

Glenn

Mike the motor belongs to a good friend and all head bolts are broken. he shipped the motor yesterday and I should have it soon. I was a machinist for 40 years(just retired 2 years ago). I've taken out hundreds(or thousands) of broken fasteners the old fashioned way.(drill till it's paper thin and remove the rest with a gun tap. I asked if he tried to get them out and he said yes( I groaned). Don't think he tried drilling them-just a heat gun and vice grips. Only one is broken off flush I was told. Give me a few days and I'll send a P.M.

Thanks,

Glenn

be glad to take them out if you like, I never drill, I'll heliarc onto the remaining bolt and when I do it slightly expands the bolt, crushes the corosion and when it cools, turns right out.

be glad to take them out if you like, I never drill, I'll heliarc onto the remaining bolt and when I do it slightly expands the bolt, crushes the corosion and when it cools, turns right out.
I can vouch for Mike and his process. It worked well on my case.

Back