Brian Buaas sets new NAMBA P-OPC Tunnel Record!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Brian Buaas set a new NAMBA P-OPC Tunnel record this weekend at the LA SAW event on Legg Lake... In fact, he set it at 66, then upped it to 70, then 71, and finally at 72.8 mph...

Stock Top Speed 3 hull, OS Lower with Castle Creations 1512 motor on 4S1P.

I'll get some video posted as soon as we get home (about 19 hours drive away) and I get it downloaded. Amazing drive, and the boat was rock stable. Looked to me like there is more to be had!

Ya know.. that old Top Speed is one good old bird

Its won them all..

The Tunnel Champs

The Nats

The Internats

and now…its smashing records. In the hands of our Number one Team Futaba FE driver, It has CRUSHED all current outboard SAW P records.

And I do mean CRUSHED!

Congrats to all involved.

GAME ON!

Grimracer

Yeah, Those are some pretty impressive numbers! Congrats to Brian. Sounds like the IMPBA P-tunnels have some work to do this summer! :D

Mike

Brian Buaas set a new NAMBA P-OPC Tunnel record this weekend at the LA SAW event on Legg Lake... In fact, he set it at 66, then upped it to 70, then 71, and finally at 72.8 mph...

I'll get some video posted as soon as we get home (about 19 hours drive away) and I get it downloaded. Amazing drive, and the boat was rock stable. Looked to me like there is more to be had!

Wow...great news and job well done...

Amazing drive....the 19 hrs home or the boat...LOL.

Congrats.

Ronald

That's awesome, that boat is riding soooo pretty, even with the wind blowing, you can see it on the water...

Looks sweet! Aired out and sittin' pretty!

But,

Are you sure that's a 1512? Looks a little tall to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! It's a great boat to run no matter what power.

It's the 1512 CC motor. The case is about the size of a Neu 1515. The motor was intended for 1/8 scale buggies, so the case and end bells are built seriously beefy. It's a bit heavier than a "real" Neu.

There's more to be had, the power system didn't even break a sweat.

BTW. I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with this whole length and how it's used thing!!! :p

Way to go Snowman- very impressive
cool.gif

Andy

Latest posts

Back