Bravo Terry K

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Actually SJ clued me in on this quite a while back and it took me a while to get the testing done, Since then I believe Mike Z has also seen one run with this mod and thought the same.

Neat idea and EASY to install, My test was a std Irwin J pipe for 21 outboard, One piece .312 brass tubing inserted into tha stinger to the first cone, length 3 5/8" leaves bout 1/8"sticking out a stock length pipe, One small hole drilled in tha tube 1/16" right before the exit, a little JB weld and your done.

Guys this works!!!! You wont notice it on the stand as much as on the water, bark is gone and less noise, and I could NOT tell any performance loss what so ever.

Didnt have a DB meter handy for this test, But I would guess that this mod would pass the current rule purposal.........

Excellent mod Terry,

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Slideblues said:
Actually SJ clued me in on this quite a while back and it took me a while to get the testing done, Since then I believe Mike Z has also seen one run with this mod and thought the same.
Neat idea and EASY to install,  My test was a std Irwin J pipe for 21 outboard, One piece .312 brass tubing inserted into tha stinger to the first cone, length 3 5/8" leaves bout  1/8"sticking out a stock length pipe, One small hole drilled in tha tube 1/16" right before the exit, a little JB weld and your done.

Guys this works!!!!  You wont notice it on the stand as much as on the water, bark is gone and less noise, and I could NOT tell any performance loss what so ever.

Didnt have a DB meter handy for this test, But I would guess that this mod would pass the current rule purposal.........

Excellent mod Terry,

Gene  :D

69044[/snapback]

Hey, glad you like it, but don't thank me, thank Gordon Jennings... :)

Hey Terry,

Well thank you Gordon !!! :D

Hi Paul,

Bout all you could see of the pipe mod is the last 1/8"sticken out,

There is a drawing at impba.net in tha rulebook of the same,

I use it on my 21 inboards and spt 40 hulls and I saw Rich Zimmerman use it on his Gas LS27 mono, and Mark Bullard uses it on his Twin Hydro and saved 8oz. off the back end from using the brown's quiet pipes it sure works super.

bzubee said:
I use it on my 21 inboards and spt 40 hulls and I saw Rich Zimmerman use it on his Gas LS27 mono, and Mark Bullard uses it on his Twin Hydro and saved 8oz. off the back end from using the brown's quiet pipes it sure works super.
69287[/snapback]

Well hell, if the "Bulldog" himself is using it it must be OK!!! :lol:

Need some clarification. Do you get a piece of brass the same size as the ID of the pipe or a size smaller so it slides into the pipe?

Thanks,

Charley

Yea a lite interference fit so it just slides into the pipe, I used a little JB weld to hold it in.

Terry suggested these sizes as a reference point:

21) .312

45) .375

67 up) .408

Do you worry about reducing the stinger size with a smaller brass tube? It may be a small decrease but is this of any concern?

Charley

At .312 I noticed no difference from the stock pipe, If you wanted to reduce stinger size after the mod it would be easy to just add a insert for more tuning options.

Latest posts

Back