Born Again Sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Wow, it's been a couple months since I've had time to talk to you guys. I've gutted and resalveged my Sport 20. For those that saw it before know how beat up it was. This is a wood boat built and designed by Roy Munoz. Roy had MANY good race years on it before I got it and it was painted like the Bud T-4.

When I began sanding I had to strip it because it was trashed. When I started primering it there was so much filling to be done I never, ever thought it would look half way decent. Boy was I surprised.

I used PPG primer, PPG paints. The green is called Winter Green Metallic, the White is called Bright White, standard Silver for the Turbine, Gun Metal Black w/metallic for the window. The Orange, well that's my own personal and custom blend. Yup, no copy cats on this color. I put about 3-4 coats of PPG clear and laid it all up in just a couple of days. TAP Plastics made the decals that say "Tropicana" as well as the Oranges you see.

I'm powering the boat w/a modified Nova Rossi .21 w/an Irwin Pipe. I'm gonna run it and consider putting my CMB Green Head into it.

Funny thing about when I did this boat is that it was in such crappy condition I honestly thought it couldn't be saved. Now I wished I really put more effort into it.

What do you guys think of it?

Man, hopefully Tropicana will send me some free product! LOL

Hay Roddney where you been??? Miss you at the Gran Prix....The old boat is looking good... :D

I've got work up to my neck and kids events up the WA-ZOO. I should meka the first race. The wife's gonna try to handle the kids events by herself so I can get to Manteca. Are you racing or watching?

Don,

Thanks! Yeah I'm slowly getting back into the board. I've been putting in those 12-14 hour days every day lately. Exhausting.

Hey Rodney

whatcha talking about 12-14Hr days - sounds like about the right amnount of time to be spent working on boats. :D

Hey don't work too hard dude you only get one go around.

GT :rolleyes:

GTR,

YGM....Literally....some packages showed up at my door last night. One from Canada, and one from the USA. When do you want them sent to you?

The cut outs are legal in NAMBA...Don't know about IMPBA? I built this hull about 6 years ago and ran it in A Hydro,because there was no sport 21 class at the time..It was built off the full size pland of the T -Plus using a Cad program..My son did the computer work at school where he was taking the class on the Cad program, and we had to make it as part of his school home work...We made two ,,One skined and one just showing all the formers and ribs....It was first done as the T-Plus and them as the Bud...

Latest posts

Back