Bob Kensill Surgery

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggeiselman

Supporting Member
An update on Bob's surgery. He went in about 8 AM for surgery that was to last 5 - 8 hours, that we were told. The surgery actually only took four and a half hours, and went GREAT!!!! He will be going home tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great news. Gary, Bob and myself were at the pond Tuesday afternoon. Bob and Gary ran a couple of TS3's while I tried to recreate the scene of the Titanic in a badly leakying retrieve boat! (which is getting fixed next week)

I heard that Bob's doctor was very confident about the procedure that will help with Bobs left arm shaking. We sure hope so. There is good news around the corner for RC boat racing in the Savannah area and Bob is an important part of it.

His surgery is to try and offset his Parkinson's disease. It is experimental and will include an implant connected to a type of pacemaker (my words) that will control electrical stimulation to his brain. He is very hopeful that this will work and get a leg up on the disease. In about 10 days he will be having the pacemaker put in.

BTW, he is enjoying the warmer weather in south Georgia and cannot remember a winter without any snow.

His surgery is to try and offset his Parkinson's disease. It is experimental and will include an implant connected to a type of pacemaker (my words) that will control electrical stimulation to his brain. He is very hopeful that this will work and get a leg up on the disease. In about 10 days he will be having the pacemaker put in.

BTW, he is enjoying the warmer weather in south Georgia and cannot remember a winter without any snow.
i've seen a little about this technology on tv lately. so far, the early trails are looking good. hope it's the same for bob!! i've only met/raced with bob, karen & garry a few times in c-town, but they are very hard not to like ;) .

He had Deep Brain Stimulation for his Parkinsons. He has to have another operation in about 10 days to finish the procedure. But everything went great today.

send him back, we can refresh his memory!!! :p :p it snowed weds from 12:30 pm till 6:00pm.

only good news , ground too warm to stick.

hope proceedure works for bob.

dan

We got a call from Bob Friday afternoon at our records trial and he said he was doing great and was planning to attend our fall Time Trial sure glad to hear from him.

Back