boater friendly hobby shop in central florida

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

She (the wife) is making me drive to lakeland Fl next week. Any boater friendly shops in the middle of florida? John

Graves is a must see for sure.

They have a wall of nothing but Octura.

Check out the old boat kits from Prather and Dumas also.

A true time capsule from the good old days.

If it is R/C thy most likely have it......................

Also check out Sky Craft Surplus it is close by.

Tons of stuff to look threw and the owners old R/C boats are on the wall.

A true blast of the past with the boats. Worth it just to see them.

3M tape at $2 a roll. Also any SS hardware you need at surplus cost. Load a bag up.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Been several years since I've been there, but as I remember, Graves had EVERYTHING, and lots of it!! Boats, cars, planes , helis...... Just rows and rows of stuff.. Hardware and accessories out the WAZOO! GREAT hobby shop!!

Graves in Orlando will have most hardware, drive line and radio parts but for any engines or parts they don't carry the Zenoah or RCMK parts?? Don't blame Bill there he has a business going that you can fix anything but your motor!!

Haven't been there in years but over on Lake Underhill rd was Bob's Hobby Shop and he catered to boats pretty well.. You mentioned Lakeland?? Holler at Bruce at Gizmo he's right there in Bartow!!

Later!!

Pat

I'll have to look these places up as she is laying by a pool. I just hope it is a little sunny and warm or am i going to here about it. thanks guys. John

May not be a Hobby Shop - so to speak, but if you contact John Otto @ technologyfuels 813 651 1840 - He has EVERYTHING a boater could ever need and isnt too far from Lakeland - 1/2 hr or so - John has a mother in law suite -that IS the shop and he has IT ALL
default_cool.png

- Well worth the visit and **** good people .THE Go To place for all us Central Fl boaters , just sayin
default_wink.png

That said, Graves is well worth the visit - just to check it out ...............

Not one to just stop in and bug someone at home, but i could used a couple gallons of fuel. thanks for the heads up! John

Not one to just stop in and bug someone at home, but i could used a couple gallons of fuel. thanks for the heads up! John
Just call a few days in advance and your fine ( so he can have your fuel ready) - John is good people
default_wink.png

- when are you coming ?

if plans don't change, early next friday night for a week. was hoping to make it over to daytona for any race i could get tickets for. but at this point, timing is not on my side. thanks for all info. John

Back