Boat Covers/Dimensions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonclan

I am wanting to start making dust covers for boats of all sizes. Scale-spt. 40-mono-gas sport hydro gas mono etc.

I am looking for some dimensions for all these boats. I realize there are many types and I want to try and make them fit several types of each class.

Please post the length and width (front and rear) also height(front-rear especially scales with wings) of what you have and please include the manufaturer. Hopefully I can find some strechy material to make them out of. Right now I'm making them from regular material with elastic around the edge, they fit good. I am hoping to keep it affordable....

Any help would be appreciated!

161x3ew.jpg

15hlu8j.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....thought I would get some reponses here.

I guess covers are not that popular? Price? What would you be willing to pay for a boat cover?

Hoping someone will take a minute to send some boat dimensions, otherwise, I'll just have to measure up some boats at our first race this year.

Anyone know what the best material would be to use?

Thanks

P.M. And E-mail sent Dan, For me the closest race is about 50 miles and hope to make it to the combined UT/CO race on Memorial day weekend(1400 mi. round trip) Most of my are no beauty queens but a few have very nice paint and would prefer they remain in that condition.

Thanks for your efforts.

Glenn

Replies sent Glenn....Thanks for the help!

We'll get ya fixed up!

I figure 30.00 up to 40.00 depending on size, is a small price to pay for keeping a boat/paint job protected.

Not trying to get rich here.... atleast 75% is material costs.

There is a boater over on Jim's that sells them (rippin247) as well. They are made out of a stretchy material and here in D12 have been a big seller. He also sells table covers . Good idea covering your prize toys paint job.

There is a boater over on Jim's that sells them (rippin247) as well. They are made out of a stretchy material and here in D12 have been a big seller. He also sells table covers . Good idea covering your prize toys paint job.
Well....he (Trent-aka rippin247) doesn't seem to be making them anymore as several of us have been trying to reach him about custom covers for a few months now..

Thus, the reason why I am doing this. I needed some covers, so I figured others might want some as well. Besides....it gives the wife something to do! :D

I am willing to use whatever material we can come up with....do you happen to know the name of this "stretchy material"?

Back