Boat Bottom

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fons

Supporting Member
[SIZE=10pt]OK folks yours thoughts……. Sanded or un-sanded bottoms on boats, and/or does it make that much of a difference?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Fons[/SIZE]

Here is a sanded bottom

409613_422826334423328_1081234997_n.jpg

That looks like Phil's boat at Celina,Oh

It makes it go faster,taking the shine off the bottom.LOL

Some guys will sand with 1000 grit and some go shiny and use Mr. Zoggs sex wax

wax-other-category.jpg

I don't do anything to my bottoms cause as you can see in the picture below of the Bardahl, they don't touch the water anyway,
default_wink.png

i would have tried to make it back to my tent...tho it's good phil drove past the closed beach area, he gets some style points

i would have tried to make it back to my tent...tho it's good phil drove past the closed beach area, he gets some style points
and a free sanded bottom, lol
some guys try so hard to keep their "speed secrets" to themselves....Phil is an overachiever (busted sanding his bottom!)

Accident? SUURRREE Phil...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wet sand the riding surfaces with very fine paper as to make the surface look like a CD(compact disk for a computer) finish.

Breaks up the "stick" from the water surface.

And don't follow Phil into the sand
default_blink.png
:blink:

As for the sex wax, never tried it, but, I would be willing, under certain conditions
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
HA That was a dumb move on my part, dont take your eye off the boat at Celina. It still had the power on till it stopped, after the race the motor was over there idleing away, I didnt hit the kill.

I think if you block sand the ridepads it will move thru the water easier, weather it makes a big difference on speed Im not sure.

Wet sand the riding surfaces with very fine paper as to make the surface look like a CD(compact disk for a computer) finish. Breaks up the "stick" from the water surface
hmmm, as in a "mirror" finish? Or a slightly less glossy surface? 1000 grit? 800 grit? 600 grit?
Wet sand 400, then 800, then 1200, then 1500 then final at 2000 all riding surfaces. Some stop at 800 and some go to 1200. Very few go beyond 1200. Try it! Several coats of a very good wax, teflon imbedded boat wax preferred, then judge for yourself if it improves performance. Certain you will say yes.

Back