blackbird 21 second gen testing video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wood

well i got to do some testing sunday.. the lake was full of stuff and at the end of this video i hit something and kicked the rudder up.

i was trying for 80mph. but the air was junk ( 89 on the kinsler gauge ) and the air temp was 88 so not IDEAL conditions. ended up getting 77 out of it.. i was getting the needle set and that is when i hit something..

oh well not to bad for the conditions. I was testing a new turn fin that didn't work so well as you hear me in the video. other than that this is the exact boat that ran in hobart. and will be the boat i am selling in the future.

( if you put the video on 480p it looks better )

thanks for looking

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good cris getting faster after each lap

saw it run in hobart on metime, Very Nice.

Chris,

Try bending the tips of the propeller down a little bit on a small round ball.

It will help your propeller efficency and kill the roostertail behind the

boat. We call it a "catchers mitt mod". :D Motor was sounding pretty good.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

hey mikey,

gonna be making them this winter.. mark and chris grimm has asked for one over at hobart and a couple others.. i was on the fence about building them but i have decided to do it.

mark i will give that a try.. not sure how much more testing i will get in.. i have to finalize my template and such for the new boats, and that will take time.. if not i will give it a run next yr.

anthony,

props is a 1450 cut to 46.5mm with 3.6 cup. pipe is the pipe cooper is building at 7 7/8 long motor is a nova rossi with a nova rossi carb that my father has worked on.

Hi Chris

That looks and sounds good, no doubt.

With only 89% Air Density, it is very difficult to get any more speed.

Keep up the good work!

Jorgen

Finally Chris, A .21 posted speed with some real information to back it up. Nice part is, your boat heat races real well at those speeds as proven at Hobart. Nice Job!

Ron

thanks guys.

I just wanted to shoot some video.. first you tube posting i have done. more for me to watch the boat than anything else..

it has been alot of headaches this year getting it right.. but i think i am on the right track

chris

well i got to do some testing sunday.. the lake was full of stuff and at the end of this video i hit something and kicked the rudder up.

i was trying for 80mph. but the air was junk ( 89 on the kinsler gauge ) and the air temp was 88 so not IDEAL conditions. ended up getting 77 out of it.. i was getting the needle set and that is when i hit something..

oh well not to bad for the conditions. I was testing a new turn fin that didn't work so well as you hear me in the video. other than that this is the exact boat that ran in hobart. and will be the boat i am selling in the future.

( if you put the video on 480p it looks better )

thanks for looking

nice Big Daddy,but put the other fin back on man.lol

Looks great and can't ever get enough of the sound of a well tuned 21 B) .

Did you check the prop or rudder blade after the run to see if you hit something on the second lap ?

Tim K

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

glad you are putting this design into production, when I talked to you at Hobart you were kind of iffy about it, can't wait to get one myself! seeing it live in person made me a believer, nothing else came close. hell of a design!

Jay

thanks for the kind words jay.. spent all year beating my head against the wall till i got it right. hope the boat runs as well next yr as it did this yr

chris

Latest posts

Back