Big Problem...maybe small???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pond Player

Ok...I have 3 boats....But first off we'll start with the one that has been giving me the most troubles...its a .12 Dynamite motor and has never been broken in yet...so I'm trying to break it in but there is one major problem...it wont kick over OR even draw fuel into the carb. Now I checked the norm, made sure there was no leaks from the line or the tank. I've even thought it had to be one of those two after checking the carb and making sure nothing was clogging it and that it was sitting snugly down on the motor itself, I replaced the fuel tank and fuel lines...And same ol same ol....So I threw in hotter glow plug and no luck.. (and yes the old one was still glowing) I don't know if that was the right thing to do or not, but by this time I've had my hands in the air and tried calling the boat a few different names to see if that would help...yet no luck....SO any ideas on that at all?? 2nd boat is my newest boat a Prather spitfire I with a K@B .21 outboard motor....Same problem just wont pop over??? I know the fuel lines are good on that because I just bought them and put them on as well as the tank...I don't know? Maybe I'm missing something on how to break them in....or maybe I got ripped off when I bought them new? These boats are my biggest concern because I have never even seen them float yet...And now down too the last boat a Traxxas Nitro V same problem not popping over??? And I if I didn't say this before or I did I'll say it again...I am setting the low speed at about 7 turns and the high speed anywhere from 2 1/2 - 3 1/2....I am completely lost on this and the guy at my LHS was just a dick and didn't even want to listen to me when I was trying to have him just peak into the boat or help me out in the least......So I thought of you guys and your years of running these...So I am hoping you can help, because It has been so nice these past days in MN and the water is so calm...I've been forced to take out my electric boat and its way to slow for my taste...SO if you guys have time from your boating please help me out...I am just totally stumped on this.....??? Or if anyone is from around the twin cities of MN I would be happy to meet ya out on the water and let ya take a look at my boats if your going to be running that day anyhow....Thanks for all your help.

PP,

I feel your pain :-. I'm new to engine break-in's as well.

I have a LaserLine tunnel hull with a Dynamite .12 as well....maybe it's just me but, they seem to be a picky engine to break in.

First Q: Are you using an electric starter? I had HUGE issues getting the thing to start without it (took me a week, and I'm sure I wore out the pull-start pretty bad) and I HIGHLY recommend using it for the "break-in" period. Once you get it broke in, a Dynamite turns over nicely in 1 or 2 pulls.

Second Q: What nitro % are you using? Are you using a break in fuel?

Third Q/Comment: I agree with you, around here the HS dealers are #@&! morons and worth nothing for help...I found all I needed to know from here. AND where are you from?? I'm from Mankato MN ;D

I'm from around St. Paul, MN... So if your ever up this way feel free to hit me up with an E-mail and we'll go race sometime.

1st Q. On the rigger uses an eletric starter, but the other is a compleat pull I might be able to rig up a band to start it.

2nd Q. I'm using 20% But I think it might be crap fuel cuz nothing I own will run off of it??? I actualy own this fuel in 20% and 40% and nothing will run off of it and if it does it runs like crap. its Made by Dynamite called Blue Thunder. The 40% is Race somethen....I dunno any good fuels out there that work great I would be happy to know of!

3rd Q. Yeah...I can't ever get an question answerd there unless it looks like I'm going to be buying a kit or somethen...then I can get help, but if I come back with that kit and it doesn't run...then basicaly they just tell me I'm SOL....Maybe I should go apply there...I may not know as much as someone who should be working there but at least I would try to help and would ACT like I gave a crap about peoples R/Cs

PP,

I feel your pain :-. I'm new to engine break-in's as well.

I have a LaserLine tunnel hull with a Dynamite .12 as well....maybe it's just me but, they seem to be a picky engine to break in.

First Q: Are you using an electric starter? I had HUGE issues getting the thing to start without it (took me a week, and I'm sure I wore out the pull-start pretty bad) and I HIGHLY recommend using it for the "break-in" period. Once you get it broke in, a Dynamite turns over nicely in 1 or 2 pulls.

Second Q: What nitro % are you using? Are you using a break in fuel?

Third Q/Comment: I agree with you, around here the HS dealers are #@&! morons and worth nothing for help...I found all I needed to know from here. AND where are you from?? I'm from Mankato MN ;D

If your having problems starting a new motor, what I have always done is first, remove the glowplug and flip the engine over and get fresh fuel through it. The fuel will come pouring out the glowplug hole so cover it with a rag or towel. Now replace glowplug but leave it loose so the compression can leak by the plug some. This will make the engine turn over easier. Start the engine and when it starts,tighten the plug. I've had to use 3 guys before to start a K&B 82 when new. 1 on the starter,1 on the plugwrench and ignitor and 1 guy to hold the boat down. The trick is to get the engine spinning and then hit it with the glow ignitor. The piston and sleeve fit is really tight on a new motor. I just started a new K&B 3.5 ss this last weekend and had to go through the same procedure. Hope this helps....

Hey pond player, tried to answer your e-mail before but it wouldn't go for some reason. You should try coming out to the TCMBC pond on a Saturday afternoon. There is usually someone there and they would probably be glad to help you out. I'll be out of town this coming weekend and in Osgosh for a race the following Sat. I will be at the pond on the 22nd in the afternoon and would be glad to help you. Send me an e-mail with your phone number and we will try and set up something if you wish. Good luck Bill :D

I am new to this site still and don't know how to get your e-mail address so if you would like you can e-mail me where abouts the pond/lake is and I would be happy to make the drive out there with my buddy's boats and mine. Who knows he may tag along too?? But anyhow My e-mail address is [email protected] and I check my e-mail when ever I have time...so feel free to drop me a line anytime

Latest posts

Back