BBY MICRO HYDRO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Oxidean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a vid of my record holding BBY Micro hydro in action..

Super rough out for the little tyke

Got ahold of some glass 6:30am (not in the video) she hit 63 but slammed the wall (driver error)

wasn't used to such a long freecoast after getting out of the throttle on glass..

Novak Velociti 5.5r Maxamps 10,0002s2p (crammed in and the weight helps)

ETTI strut Octura x-427 Airtronics 2.4gig

Which one is it Bill the turbine or the drop sponson?

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got ahold of some glass 6:30am (not in the video) she hit 63 but slammed the wall (driver error)

wasn't used to such a long freecoast after getting out of the throttle on glass..

Which one is it Bill the turbine or the drop sponson?Jim

It was the turbine which shattered this morn after hitting a wall.. Drop sponson is on the bench..

Direct hardware transplant..

What do you do to the sponsons on these Micro's. i have one of the drop sponsons also

Jim

What do you do to the sponsons on these Micro's. i have one of the drop sponsons also
Jim

I'm adding 1/8th inch thick balsa runners 3/4 inch wide skinned with birch 3ply 3/64in

I cut them 1/8th inch short of the sponson transom to lengthen triangulation

The drive end of the strut extends 2 inches from the transom as well to add triangulation

This boat rides tall, the transom sits nearly 5/8 inch from table to pan bottom with the strut set at neutral

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you take a picture of the sponson and post it?

It was the turbine which shattered this morn after hitting a wall.. Drop sponson is on the bench..

Direct hardware transplant..

I'm adding 1/8th inch thick balsa runners 3/4 inch wide skinned with birch 3ply 3/64in

I cut them 1/8th inch short of the sponson transom to lengthen triangulation

The drive end of the strut extends 2 inches from the transom as well to add triangulation

This boat rides tall, the transom sits nearly 5/8 inch from table to pan bottom with the strut set at neutral

Bills wrecked hydro and setup pictures added

534963742_em7yE-XL.jpg

534963769_Nft7D-XL.jpg

534963959_6UpaV-L.jpg

534963711_eejXZ-L.jpg

534963858_jNk5x-L.jpg

More pictures here

http://jimclark.smugmug.com/gallery/407483...534963769_Nft7D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Got ahold of some glass 6:30am (not in the video) she hit 63 but slammed the wall (driver error)

You sure it wasn't - used to 63 mph ??- and not the glass water ;)

Well at least you killed it in style Wilmer,

Randy- hook the man up B)

Been a while Bill, hope things are well :)

Miss talking too you from time to time....

Andy

My rigger runs 70+ pass after pass. We're pretty used to 63 around here ;)

More vids to come, lets see how the shovel runs..

For the record, if you gents watch the vid, the boat stuffed at near 60 and came back for more without a crack..

That carnage in the picture was from a head-on slam into a concrete wall at near full speed

That little hull was TOUGH especially for ABS

I didn't have to ask for a new hull, I had a BBY micro shovel on the shelf ready to rig..

My rigger runs 70+ pass after pass. We're pretty used to 63 around here ;) More vids to come, lets see how the shovel runs..
I'm pretty sure I knew you where capable Bill. ;) :huh:

I was just messing with ya.......

Just been a while since we have spoken, once again.....

Andy

I still got the same number.. :)

How's racin' goin'? Nice lookin' seaducer in your avitar..

Hey, I know you were just bustin' my ball and reel..

Back