BATTERY SIZE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean like a Dynatron and nitro outboards mostly used to see gel cell alarm or SLA battery.

Here is a 9ah for a little more.
Nowadays a 11.1 volt 3S LiPo or 13.2 volt 4s LiFe in 4000 + mah capacity would work well.

Last edited:
Dave, I use 3s and 4s Lipo batteries, I have y cords for the Dynatron 24 volt starters, when changing everything over to EC plugs, starters with and without handles will plug in in any configuration I choose, we kept a couple of starters stock appearing but engraved and used magic marker labeling them as OUTBOARD on the yellow housings and reversed polarity at the plug before soldering. Now the trailer carries a dozen starters and a large ammo can full of Lipo batteries that all interchange and charge normally. Was caught at pond with a P rigger and the packs left at shop, opened the starter box and had a pile of 4s batteries that worked fine all day !!!!!!

If you mean like a Dynatron and nitro outboards mostly used to see gel cell alarm or SLA battery.

Here is a 9ah for a little more.
Nowadays a 11.1 volt 3S LiPo or 13.2 volt 4s LiFe in 4000 + mah capacity would work well.
I was using one of these, that is until last weekend. Don't know if if it was old age or something else but, it just couldn't spin a CMB 67 with the glow plug in it, even loose. Went down to the local O'Reilly Auto Parts, picked up a smaller deep cycle and ran the starter for the whole day on what it had for a charge from the manufacturer. I will say I prefer the gel cell in that it's smaller and lighter but, when at a race, you do what you have to to get on the water. Guess it was worth the $100 since I got my first points since 2018 :eek:

Last edited:
I was using one of these, that is until last weekend. Don't know if if it was old age or something else but, it just couldn't spin a CMB 67 with the glow plug in it, even loose. Went down to the local O'Reilly Auto Parts, picked up a smaller deep cycle and ran the starter for the whole day on what it had for a charge from the manufacturer. I will say I prefer the gel cell in that its' smaller and lighter but, when at a race, you do what you have to to get on the water. Guess it was worth the $100 since I got my first points since 2018 :eek:
The 9 amp alarm batteries in series for 24 V will spin anything .

Back