Battery Problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obrien

Supporting Member
I am not sure what has happened yet, so I am looking for some help here.

My first battery back yesterday was a pair of venom 3000s. I had just finished making a few passes, brought it in, set it on the stand, and as I was opening the hatch, boom one of the battery packs blew up. Well I cleaned all of that out, let it cool down for a bit, and put in my set of tenergy 7 cell 4200s. I ran that around for about 3 or 4 minutes and then it died. Once back in, I looked everything over, it all seemed fine, so I put in the trinity 4200 6 cell packs after letting it sit for a few minutes. I turned it all back on, every thing worked fine.

Well tonight I see that a wire came off of one of the cells in my tenergy pack, and one of my trinity batteries appears to have become really hot. Then end cap is slghtly melted.

The boat has a hydra 120 esc, ammo 36-50-2300kv, and I was running an octura x642, and switched to the stock prop on the very last run. The trinity's were run on both batteries.

Any help would be great. I am going to start with resoldering my battery connections since they are not that great. I am a newb at this so I need more practice.

Back