Batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael defrain

I'm going to well I have put the Velineon 3500 in the wildcat aquacraft I plan on using a 4000mah battery. I have the old 2200mah two 0f them from when it was stock they are 50c discharge. can I run them in parallel and use them with the new setup? from what I'm looking at it might be a bad ass battery Ï could be mistaken it wouldent be the first time. Any input would be a great help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s 3500 KV (I checked Jim) on 6S, in a plastic boat....... Please reconsider Michael!

Grim

Correct grim it is 3500kv made to run with a 3s Lipo, my two 2200mah 3s lipos wired in parallel should still equal a 3s shouldent it? my thought is the amperage will double but Im worried the 50c discharge rate will be to hi and cause a problem am I wrong?

Capacity will double but not amperage. Two 50C batteries in parallel will be 50C. Voltage also remains the same in parallel. Series nets double the voltage with the same capacity. Available C rating never changes, only capacity or voltage depending on wiring configuration.

So I guess the answer is I'm good to use both my old battries together in parrallel and my new 4000 mah 3s as long as the boat holds together Shes good LOL

You are good to go. :)

When going to a higher C rating or running packs in parallel, you may see a slight increase in amperage. Thats only because your packs will not be working has hard. The harder your packs work, the shorter thier life will be. Plus running packs with insuficiant output can cause ripple current which will stress your speed controller. This increase in amp draw shouldnt be harmfull unless you are running on the edge of what your speed controller can handle.

Capacity will double but not amperage. Two 50C batteries in parallel will be 50C...
True as far as it goes, but paralleling will double the safe amperage which can be used along with the total capacity. 3S1P/4000mAh cells/30C can safely deliver 120 amps, but 3S2P/4000mAh cells/30C can deliver 240 amps with twice the total capacity. Running packs with "excess" C delivery will not hurt the motorat all and will be eaiser on the ESC - as long as the amp draw is kept in check.

Back