Bardahl Was a No Go

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Barnes

Well yesterday wasn't that great for my first time out. I didn't get to see my boat run. I had a heck of a time getting it to stay running and when it did run and went to launch it turned into a submarine. Thier was a bunch of issues that made the day not very enjoyable. Have to collect my thoughts and figure out why she wouldn't get up on plane and run.

Back to the drawing board. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
dont get discouraged, everyone has a bad day, you will get it running, dont listen to people that say you wont.

jim

dont get discouraged, everyone has a bad day, you will get it running, dont listen to people that say you wont.
jim
Momma said there would be days like this,richen the motor adjust the strut and toss it nose up accel slowly till she pops up try again ive had worse days. Ask my buddys i bought a $1500.00 Winston Eagle only to send it to the rocks the first launch,oh yes on the other side of the lake. Seems someone drilled a hole in the radio box i did not know about.............OUCH UGLY Mike

Ray,,, dont give up!!!!!!!!!!!! you dont even want to know how many days I've had like that... We have plenty of people here on this Forum that can and will help you...People that dont have a clue what they are doing will make those comments,, Scales are the hardest boat to get figured out,,but be cool and calm and tackle one problem at a time.. Everyone wants to see a scale run like a raped ape,,but before that ,,,you will have alot of testing and retesting,,,Just for example one scale i have took over 8 months before we were happy with the results,, some scales the second time out shes ready...

Fuel seems to come into play with the scales that i have purchased,,, they need plenty of it,,down here in s.fla we have to run lge fuel lines and large fuel brass tubing to get these motors running,, alot of my scales didnt have this size of tubing andbefore i realized this i went out all exceited and the boat didnt hardly run,,,ie starving for fuel... I run CMB 67.. Hope this helps... and keep your spirits up... She's a beauty....

Thanks I appreciate the words of encouragement. I was pretty bumbed out last night taking her apart. I won't give up. I'll try to get her together tonight and meet some new people tommorow and maybe have some better luck.

I think the launches had a big part of the problem. I'm going to make a small adjustment to the strut and change props and see if that helps.

Mike, After that story I don't feel so bad.

One nice thing, is that everyone liked the way she looked.

Thanks I appreciate the words of encouragement. I was pretty bumbed out last night taking her apart. I won't give up. I'll try to get her together tonight and meet some new people tommorow and maybe have some better luck.I think the launches had a big part of the problem. I'm going to make a small adjustment to the strut and change props and see if that helps.

Mike, After that story I don't feel so bad.

One nice thing, is that everyone liked the way she looked.
She is a BEAUTY now bring out the beast start with a 1457 prop adjust that strut to bring the nose up and dont hammer the throttle till she starts to pop up. Once you get her flyin email me for the secret to keep her on the water. Whos hull is this?

Scale boats can be a real pain in the a$$ to set up take your time and try to tackle one thing at a time.

I would personally try a small X series prop (x455) first just to get the boat running , I do believe the hydro props will be better for you in the long run though.

I suggest starting with an X series prop because they are very forgiving it will give you time to set up the motor and get some of the bugs out of the boat without the launching problems.

Biggest problem with a new boat is well everything is new so you have to take the time to get the bugs out of it.

Good luck and don't give up.

Tim K

To help ease some of the new boat blues...if you have another nitro boat that you know the set up is good,,break in the new motor with that boat.... so all you have to worry about is the finding the needle and breaking in the new motor... then when the new motor is ready put it into the new scale and you have taken one problem away from your day on the water,,,

Like what most of these scalers have already said start with a smaller prop and this will allow you to at least see how the boat is running and go from that...

Some of these guys i know some i dont,, but SAY Mikey has a awesome roundnose that screams,,, pick his brains and then pick more ;) .......remember everyone has advise,,but from what i have learned roundnose scales are a whole lot different from pickleforks....Good luck and keep us posted.. one day you will be helping a new scaler with the same problems you are having NOW!!!!!

This is what helps keep our hobby growing... :D

Something that makes a BIG difference....................

Start out with a small prop, like a real small prop from what you hope to run. Get the boat running first then play with props. Don't start out with that mongo huge blade because that's what people say you should run. Start small & get the hull characteristics (trim) where you need it then start working up to where it runs it's best which means what's right for THAT particular set up rather than what someone THINKS you should be running. With a brand new unknown combination I start out with an X452/3. Yup, a dinky blade but it will get the boat launched & get time on the motor. Once the basic trim settings are right (is it tracking straight? is it dragging it's ass? etc.) then I'll move up on the props & shorten the pipe until the boat is where I like it to be. B)

Great info. Josh Stollfuss invited me out to there pond to give it another shot. I will take all this info with me and hopefully I will eliminate some of these small set backs. I'm feeling pretty positive.

Ray, I've got a bunch of different props we can try on it also, if you don't have a varity of your own yet? There's no reason we can't get it sorted out tomorrow. No rush tomorrow, I know you said you had to work in the morning. I've got a honey do project in the morning, But I'll be ready to head over the pond around 1:00-1:30.

Josh-

Well I think you are just out of luck! The boat will never run worth crap and will just cause you years of agony. Best to just give it to me and save yourself frustration!

Actually you are finding that the scale community is full of helpful people. Enjoy it and have fun.

Latest posts

Back