Bandit Boats El Lobo 4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneRanger

ok, before I screw this up I am gonna get my exact same thread I posted on the "other" message board- lol

Bandit El Lobo 4 nitro~

I am in the market for a fun, stylish (good looking) V hull that is quick, and handels chop well-

wont be raced, just a fun boat.

I have wanted a Bandit boat for sometime now (5 years)

and this new 33" hull seems to be the ticket-

but nowhere have I seen one outfitted with a nitro motor, nor have I seen many pics of bandit boats in general.

I have been in contact with Fullers and they have said that they have made them with rails for nitro power and of course they also sell the hardware t go with it- total cost 120 for S.S. hardware, and 200 for glass hull- that dont include a motor-

I am having a hard time finding much on the mid sized nitro boats at all- every thing is all 50" or larger zeneoah powered monsters-

I was thinking like a .15-.25 size, economical but very quick (I imagine)

I wont rule out other hulls just yet but I am favoring the Bandit at this time.

additions, corrections, refferals, etc... please be my guest~

L.R.

that about sums it up- thanks for all imput!

rob ;D

Light-Weight 33" hull should be just about right for a sport .21 motor like the OS .21 w/ pull start. You may be able to go up to .45, but it will be a lot more expensive and you will need a bunch of hardware and batteries for the electric starter.

there are several good .21 monos out there. check out:

www.seaducerboats.com

www.rossisales.com

both of these are popular and you would be hard pressed to find better ones

for a .21 mono I would not recommend the fullers hardware. the stuff from seaducer or speedmaster would be more appropiate.

check out the .21's from Nova Rossi, MAC, CMB, OS, Rossi...

You can't go wrong with the El Lobo hulls.

I am running a carbon El Lobo 2 in one of the electric classes this year. It is very quick and stable. It would be a missle with a .12 or .15.

I am getting high 30's with it electric powered, imagine what it would do 2 Lbs lighter with no batteries.

Go for the El Lobo! ;D

Peter

wow, thatnks for all the good replies~

I am still leaning for the el lobo 4 and I found a place to get the hull for 160.00- which hardware would you suggest?

a direct link would be great, although Fullers hardware is pricy, it is also very nice- I dont know-

again thanks much!

L.R.

just a note I would realy prefer to keep it around a .15 size engine- I would go to a .21 but i dont think it is nessicary realy, as I said before I am not going to race it, just a fun chopey water capable, wavejumpin runner~

if it went 30MPH I would be very happy LOL

L.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back