Awesome job Brandon Model Boaters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Congradulation guys on a job well done.....Buy the way you guys missed one hell of a scale race between jack and randy the whole site was on its feet ...again excellent jobs Guys.....

Great time ! Met some new people as usual and reunited with some old friends . By the way Ron Byrd owes Mike Allen a fire extinguisher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great time ! Met some new people as usual and reunited with some old friends . By the way Ron Byrd owes Mike Allen a fire extinguisher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, the guy that thought there was a fire owes Mike an extinguisher! I checked the Generator over today and there was no evidence of any flames whatsoever. The smoke was oil from a loose over head valve cover.

Nope, the guy that thought there was a fire owes Mike an extinguisher! I checked the Generator over today and there was no evidence of any flames whatsoever. The smoke was oil from a loose over head valve cover.
I guess the 2 foot orange flames licking the fuel tank were really smoke trails in disguise !! :lol:

I guess the 2 foot orange flames licking the fuel tank were really smoke trails in disguise !! :lol:
then next time let the **** thing burn to the ground....

Hey Brandon Club I left my pit table in the pits,,,its 4 ft long plastic with black felt cover on it,, could you please check to see if anyone has it,,, thanks ever so much...... :unsure:

Terrific people.......terrific racing.......District 3 is a great place to race.

Thanks to the whole club.....great job as usual!

Ron and Mary

So someone actually saw flames not just smoke? I don't see anything that looks burnt at all!

The generator still runs and works fine!

Last edited:

So someone actually saw flames not just smoke? I don't see anything that looks burnt at all!

Is that the same unit that was running in Tampa...if so that thing is a BEAST. :p

Hey Brandon Club I left my pit table in the pits,,,its 4 ft long plastic with black felt cover on it,, could you please check to see if anyone has it,,, thanks ever so much...... :unsure:

Mike,

We have your table. I will bring it to Miami race which I am planning on attending.

Don

Ron , I was sitting 20 ft away and it was ON FIRE as in FLAMES !! Thanks to Mike for a well prepared trailer with extinguisher in plain sight or your trailer would surely have been caught up in the ensuing EXPLOSION !!

Don,, thank you thank you

Tom... like i said next time let the **** thing burn!!!!!!!! :angry:

Ron alot of people saw the flames when it started,, tom acted on instinct and put out the fire,, hum maybe he should have sat and waited for someone else to get involved....... But he did not,,, either it was a insulation fire or oil or whatever... my thoughts would be a huge thanks to tom for acting so quickly to eliminate any futher damages that might have occured,based on his quick actions your generator is still running so at least he saved you $1500 or more.... food for thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike why are you so angry? I really appreciate everyones actions in this matter, I thanked those that I thought were involved as I did not know who the hero was, I am sorry if I missed anyone!

Thank you Tom and Thank you Mike for the extinguisher and the use of your power so I could score the event!

The Generator shows absolutely no signs of flames and there is a lot of sound deadening foam that would have been melted by flames. Upon inspection of the unit everything is fine with no charred areas or any signs of flame!

Here is the senario for the weekend on the generator:

It ran all day Saturday without a problem one, at least until I turned it off when I was ready to pack it up. It began smoking from oil burning off. This oil was due to a loose valve cover which I tightened and this stopped the leaking oil however the sound deadening foam was oil soaked.

Sunday it ran all day without a problem until I failed to refuel it and it ran out of gas and died at which point I am sure it began smoking again from the oil that probably dripped off the soaked foam. Mind you I was in the pits getting ready for my heat that was next to run when Mike Whitney I believe hollered at me and said my Generator was on fire. I then asked the CD for a moment to go see what the problem was. When I got there I saw the generator had died and I smelled burning oil and alot of smoke just as I did the day before when I had shut it down. I did not see any flames only smoke and extinguisher agent in the air. Since the incident looked to have been taken care of I went back and won my heat. After that I went back to the generator and opened up the gas tank to see that it had died because it was out of gas. without refueling it I decided the turn the motor over to see if there were any unseen problems, I found no issue. Although I had seen no flames nor did I ask if anyone else saw flames I decided to let the generator sit for a bit and I then asked Mike Allen if I could plug into his generator so I could continue scoring which I did. After a few more hours I went back to the generator and checked the oil level and it was still full from the day before as I refilled it after I found the loose cover. At this point I thought to myself I bet there were no flames and all the smoke just freaked them out. I proceeded to put just enough gas in to see if it would start and generate power which it did flawlessly. I let it run about 5 minutes and shut it off continuing to use Mikes power. Later toward the end of the racing but not quite finished Mike wanted to shut down his Generator so he could pack up but I still had to do some scoring and racing myself, I fired up my Generator and finished the job no problem at all. Once I shut it down yes it still smoked of burning oil.

On Monday after work I went through the unit and found no problem and no eveidence of any flames at all, as I stated there was oil soaked foam everywhere inside the unit to help lower the db level, and none of it was melted or burnt in the least. I cleaned the unit clearing the foam of any oil that was soaked into it, changed the oil filled the gas tank and fired it up.

Last edited:
:D I am glad it went out so easily ! I felt dumb not having an extinguisher on hand as I was using gasoline as well ..... I will have one from now on in the trailer , easy to reach . Glad it all worked out , had a great time !

Back