Avenger Cobra/Cobra Avenger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclecrash

Which is correct? Purchased 2 of these from owner of LHS. One has a .67 fully modded OPS done by Andy Brown the one I have in my posession has a OPS .90 dual plug head. Heavily modded by a guy from Wolverine Boat Club. It is made to run on 50% Nitro. From what the previous owner said they had to machine there own carb because it wasn't getting enough air. Also the carb is JB welded directly to the engine because nothing they tried would keep it on. My understanding is that it is 8+ HP I am going to revamp the boat over the winter and am wondering if anyone has any info at all on this boat. I did some searches and come up with nothing. Looking for setup for the front end. Setup for the rear sponsons. Any info at all will help. Im new to riggers and have a couple years into nitro boats in general.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?autoco...si&img=1743

Last edited by a moderator:
ask Ray Sametz, he is on the site as well.

been WAY too long for me to remember the Cobra boats set up.

carl

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW....that OPS 90 brings back memories. That dual plug head for the OPS goes back 20 years.

Was made on a mini Unimat lathe and a drill press.

I don't know much about that hull set up. I know they work best with a 1470, which it appears to have installed.

I would recommend checking and documenting all dimensions as there is a good chance the hull is set up correctly as it is.

WOW....that OPS 90 brings back memories. That dual plug head for the OPS goes back 20 years.

I don't know much about that hull set up. I know they work best with a 1470, which it appears to have installed.

I would recommend checking and documenting all dimensions as there is a good chance the hull is set up correctly as it is.
Wow The Man who built the motor for the other boat. I don't know if you remember doing the motor its not the one in the pic but the other one I havn't finished paying for. The man you did the motor for is Miles from RC Hobbie owner. Andy did you also build the head on this .90. The other motor is a .OPS.67 with a dual plug head. Miles told me he asked you to make the engine as hot as possible. As for the setup Miles told me the prop is correct like you say it looks. I will check the numbers. Also I front is all tore down but I can put it to how Miles has it setup. I can see witness marks and holes where the screws go in the tubes. The rear sponsons are still screwed tight.

Wow The Man who built the motor for the other boat. I don't know if you remember doing the motor its not the one in the pic but the other one I havn't finished paying for. The man you did the motor for is Miles from RC Hobbie owner. Andy did you also build the head on this .90. The other motor is a .OPS.67 with a dual plug head. Miles told me he asked you to make the engine as hot as possible. As for the setup Miles told me the prop is correct like you say it looks. I will check the numbers. Also I front is all tore down but I can put it to how Miles has it setup. I can see witness marks and holes where the screws go in the tubes. The rear sponsons are still screwed tight.
I modified the OPS 90 completely along with making the head. Don't know if it's still my original work inside. That was a very long time ago.

I modified the OPS 90 completely along with making the head. Don't know if it's still my original work inside. That was a very long time ago.
Ok glad to have that cleared up Miles told me that you built the .67. But I take your word for it. From what I understand it hasn't been changed. I don't think he run it much.

Back