Australian SAW records

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Kingston

Just got news from Kris Flynn.

He ran an average 92.xx mph in his 4s sport hydro. Currently the fastest electric in Australia.

Congrats mate, fantastic job. I'm sure you can squeeze a bit more from it tomorrow if conditions are right.

Wish I could have been there mate.

Keep it up.

Dave

He has also broken his old 4s OBT record.

I'm sure he will chime in here when he gets back down to earth.

Dave

Go Kris!!! Hey what are all the Ausy records? Maybe someone can post or direct us to a site? Mic

Hi,

does anyone have some pictures of the event ? What tunnel has Kris driven ,what Riggerdesign . Would be intresting.

Tunnel designs are Kris's

The sport hydro was a whiplash 21 modified for electric.... A few extra mods here and there.

Kris is currently racing at our Australian nationals so I guess he will fill you all in when its over.

Dave

I got the 4s outboard upto an average of around 72mph, very comfortably I might add, should easily see 75+ on next runs weather permitting.

Sunday was blown out unfortunately, so no chance of upping the record, although I did try and killed a servo from the flip :)

I was expecting to see about 85mph from the whiplash, but it blew me away with a 89(must have been the new packs haha) the next 2 passes were around 93 and we didn't get any more successful runs in after that. Tried a higher pitch prop which had less lift, was definately faster but required major setup changes to work. Some nice flips tthough!

All equipment came back cool as a cucumber in both boats

Taking sponsorship deals now so get in quick lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for you Christian. My buddy 'OZSPEC man' and I just after the runs with the Sport Hydro, my heart was still racing!!! what a hoot!

(yes it is Pink, no it isn't my wife's boat and never was, pink is fast thats all hehe)

Just want to say thanks to Aaron from OZSPEC with his help with props to get me here and beyond in the future.

The other photo give you an idea of my current boats i run, on the bottom is my SAW boat. this is just after painting them 3 weeks ago. The design is very similar to one i have given a few people in .DXF form to build up. (might even be similar to the 18cell plans on this site of mine??) i have just made some very special, very tricky, very important, very cheap mods :)

Well you can get an endless supply of mono hulls when ever you want from me mate..... That's some sort of sponsorship.

Not a bad title to have either... "Fastest electric boater in Australia"

Look out 100mph. It won't be long before that Sport Hydro does it.

Dave

Thanks Kriss,

i would like to see when your friend trow you in the water,like we do after a new record. Mybe they can do it next time ,hoppe no gators and snakes are waiting.With the color you will be a friend of John Brodbeck K&B friend from Mr.Bennett from the Circus Circus Hotel .He has a pink lower K&B unit that will match perfect to you.

Aaron could nearly pick me Christian?s head...love to see him try hahaha

Getting cold to go for a swim these days! But I have swum in that lake before to have a break from 45deg+ C temps while racing!

I actually really like the colour, pity my wife stole it for her race boats :)

What is new for you anyway Christian?

Must have been the motor position that helped you go so fast hey mate... ;)

But I am more convinced about you and pink bits. Everyone knows you go fast around them....

Dave

Back