Aussie Endeavour `1/8 scale setup advice

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott williamson

Hi all, im thinking about relocating the radio gear and fuel tanks in my 1/8 scale to shift the weight forward.I originaly built the hull for someone else to be a static model, which is why the wide sponson is on the wrong side for a model and it weighs 17 pounds ready to run.The problem i think is that the center of gravity is too far back ,about 3 inches behind the sponsons,ive fitted a new cmb greenhead as far forward as possible,i want to put the radio gear in front of the engine intead of behind.the only spot for fuel tanks i can think of would be inside the sponsons which would require a bit of surgery.The only prop ive had success with is a borrowed prather 255 (have not been able to find a new one) it runs too light in the front and some days doesnt want to get on pipe .The hull has a long afterplane which i guess might make it difficult to fix the problem .Should i persist, or put the gear back in a hull i know works .Any advice appreciated ,thanks Scott.

Hi all, im thinking about relocating the radio gear and fuel tanks in my 1/8 scale to shift the weight forward.I originaly built the hull for someone else to be a static model, which is why the wide sponson is on the wrong side for a model and it weighs 17 pounds ready to run.The problem i think is that the center of gravity is too far back ,about 3 inches behind the sponsons,ive fitted a new cmb greenhead as far forward as possible,i want to put the radio gear in front of the engine intead of behind.the only spot for fuel tanks i can think of would be inside the sponsons which would require a bit of surgery.The only prop ive had success with is a borrowed prather 255 (have not been able to find a new one) it runs too light in the front and some days doesnt want to get on pipe .The hull has a long afterplane which i guess might make it difficult to fix the problem .Should i persist, or put the gear back in a hull i know works .Any advice appreciated ,thanks Scott.
Scott, The balance point should be about 1" aft of the sponsons with all hardware and no fuel. A better choice of props would be a Octura X457 0r 1457 or even the Prather 245 or 250-see what you can borrow before buying a bunch of props B) .

Glenn

Latest posts

Back