audio tachometer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne middlemiss

HI guys i have been looking around for some information regarding audio tach's where to buy are they computer basd or hand held.

any information would be much appreciated .

wayne.

You can get them any way you want, portable, as a phidgit for a pc, ect, you can also build them with kits found on the internet, I built one a long time back with a atmega168 mCU and a few external components. Google is your friend.

You can get them any way you want, portable, as a phidgit for a pc, ect, you can also build them with kits found on the internet, I built one a long time back with a atmega168 mCU and a few external components. Google is your friend.
thanks.

so far i have only found some units from the ukraine from company called aeroboss would you know of this one.

im a bit sceptical about doing buisness in that part of the world he has no visa facilities.??????

don't want to loose out.

i have been in contact with them thats $200 usd shiping included .

it seems to be one of a few available just thought there may have been other options out there at the same time.

its worth spending the dollars on tools like these.

do you know of any in use from aeroboss

I´m get this some year´s ago for testing, for measurements on plane´s etc it´s work, by boat´s doesn´t work correct.

It´s much easier to take on "voicerecorder" connect then for analysis to pc, with this you can measure very exactly UPM and the gearratio from other driver´s.

Many times other driver´s don´t say exactly what for gearratio the are using, then you take your voice recorder on race and later (on pc) do you have the data´s.

In our club we have a member he makes this now many years - working perfect !

Another good way to get rpm information is from the audio track on a video. The video needs to be high quality. Video editing software can display the sound graphically and you can see the interval between the engines exhaust pulses. The you tube videos we've tried this on aren't high enough resolution, though.

Lohring Miller

I use a Koster Digital audio tach that was purchased several years ago in England. It was very expensive at much more than $300.00 dollars but it reads 5,000 to 40,000 RPM +- 50 RPM at 100 yards plus. It reads both airplanes & boats even if there is a doppler effect. I don't think it is available anymore.

Jim Allen

Jim, when you coming back to racing so you can help build us some FAST 90's?? :ph34r:

I use a Koster Digital audio tach that was purchased several years ago in England. It was very expensive at much more than $300.00 dollars but it reads 5,000 to 40,000 RPM +- 50 RPM at 100 yards plus. It reads both airplanes & boats even if there is a doppler effect. I don't think it is available anymore.

Jim Allen

Mr. Allen, would you consider selling your Koster audio tack?

Charles

Jim Allen

Charles
How you doing Charles? The answer to that question is absolutely no! I use it to check againts the on board Tiny tach. Charles, please stop calling me Mr. Allen. I realize that I am old, but not that old.

Jim

Jim Allen

Charles
How you doing Charles? The answer to that question is absolutely no! I use it to check againts the on board Tiny tach. Charles, please stop calling me Mr. Allen. I realize that I am old, but not that old.

Jim

Thanks Mr. Jim,
smile.gif
I am doing great. It does not cost anything to ask about something.......you never know. If you know of one that is for sale, please let me know

I enjoy looking at all of the TOYS that you have made and reading your technical comments. Keep up the good work "edumakating" us.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne,

I have the one from Hyperformance Products Inc. and I have no time to use it.

I would be willing to sell it for $180.00 shipped to you still in the box. SOLD!!!

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Email and PayPal is: [email protected]

$3.99 from the Apple application store for the software to make the Iphone an audio tach.

BUT.....$600-$700 for an Iphone, hehehe

Fast forward video to 2:00 minutes to see dashboard tach comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2QQBhN6d0&feature=related

I just realized the tach application in the above video is $1.99 and it is only selectable to 2/4/6/8 cylinders.

the $3.99 application is specialized for RC helicopter, and can read(hear) single cylinder engines or the blades themselves(for electric powered heli's) and stores the rpm info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIJMyS-IR-c

Latest posts

Back