ASA bed adhesion issues.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

I’ve been trying to print in ASA and am having bed adhesion issues.

I’ve tried glass bed.
PEI textured bed. I’ve tried Brim and Skirt exterior.
I’m using a enclosure.
Polymaker ASA.
Any help or advice would be great.

why not ABS.. I have had fantastic results with ABS.. I built this 70deg crossover in ABS and it hangs around out side on my layout all year.

Grim

Attachments

• 20230624_145801 (Medium).jpg
    20230624_145801 (Medium).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
maybe glue stick over blue tape or hairspray over tape. I've never had problems printing with ASA
I’ve tried hairspray. It helps but I have a little lift in the corners. I’ll try the smooth part of the pei bed and hairspray. See what happens.

I’ll try hairspray on the tape also.

ASA is better for outdoor use. The parts I’m making is for outdoor use.
hum... very good. (I have read up on it...) .. I will have to try it.. (not sure I care to much about UV color stay) but.. maybe.. having said this.. if its a pain to print compared to ABS... then not sure its helpful.. I do have parts that I have had outdoors for over a year now ABS.. and they just dont budge.

in the end.. I will have to give it a try.

Grim

hum... very good. (I have read up on it...) .. I will have to try it.. (not sure I care to much about UV color stay) but.. maybe.. having said this.. if its a pain to print compared to ABS... then not sure its helpful.. I do have parts that I have had outdoors for over a year now ABS.. and they just dont budge.

in the end.. I will have to give it a try.

Grim
See any warped parts from heat and uv in abs?

I’ve tried hairspray. It helps but I have a little lift in the corners. I’ll try the smooth part of the pei bed and hairspray. See what happens.

I’ll try hairspray on the tape also.
set the bed temp around 50/60 and the outline direction inside out. First layer speed at 50 so you don't create alot of heat on the print, thats what usually pulls the corners up and try with just tape

Latest posts

Back