Aquacraft revolt OR Traxxas spartan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Drake

I'm looking to get a Rx-R mono FE for my nephew to get into boating. I was looking for some input on which one to get for him. One of the reasons I'm asking is I believe both boats are set up to use a 2 pack lipo set up... (Revolt with two 7.4 packs). And the (spartan with two 11.1v packs). Can either boat be set up to run single packs?... ( the revolt with one 4 cell pack or the spartan with one 6 cell pack. I'm only asking because I would like to be able to use the lipos I already have from my p spec tunnels.

Thanks Tony

I don't run electric, but I saw a guy hit a buoy with a Spartan and split the hull wide open. It's plastic,.. ABS,.. not PC,.. it was surprisingly fast until then,..

I wouldn't buy it myself..

My son runs a Revolt, great boat! I have been running it with one 4s 5000mah 45c every time out. We have had it going 44mph with a M445. However it just handles like a dream with a Grim 42/55@ 38mph. One thing to think about. If he ever plans on running the boat in P spec ltd. Go with the Revolt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this will help even more. On 4s my revolt does 45mph with a m545 prop. My buddies spartan on 5s was only doing 42mph with a x442(thats what he runs) On 5s my Revolt does 50-51mph. My friends Spartan does 47-48mph on 6s and its a meltdown waiting to happen. Plus the Spartan loves to chine walk at higher speeds and does not turn on a dime like the Revolt. You can also go mod crazy on a Revolt where the Spartan limits you as to what mods can be done because of the abs hull. Funny thing is in rough water you think the Spartan would have an advantage but it does not cut through the chop as well. There are guys who have their Revolts doing 47-48mph on 4s, trimmed right and using an Octura M545 prop with 5.5 bullets all the way around.

Thanks everybody ..... I'm going with the revolt...now the good question,who has the best prices

you probably won't see more than a $10 difference. The profit is in the parts for the models.. look at the whole cost including shipping. Someone that is $10 more with free shipping is good,.. unless it's from china..

Do the upgrades from kintec! Also swap the esc for a 120amp. I have my revolt running low 50s on 4s 5200mah 35c batts with an x445 sharpened, balanced, backcut and detounged.

wow i wouldnt have expected this. i had heard nothing but good stuff about the spartan before this. good to know

spartan is not bad,.. it's faster than the revolt out of the box,.. the hull will buckle though.. and revolt is a much better looking design..

Revolt fursure loved mine great boat for the money. my brother had a spartan and when we were actually racing the spartan can not hold a beat to the handling on the revolt if you want a boat to go in a straight line and fall apart buy a spartan

Back